Comcast-Time Warner merger dead

[Permalink]

4 Likes

Did the pipeline of money from Comcast’s lobbyists to the FCC sleazeballs suddenly dry up, or was there another reason the FCC showed some balls?

(sarcasm)

1 Like

Thank goodness we won’t be faced with a future of having exactly one cable TV/cable internet service in any given city. :wink:

7 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

Thank goodness we won’t be faced with a future of having exactly one cable TV/cable internet service in every city. :smiley:

I say it’s not enough. Not until each is broken up into eensy-weensy pieces. Remember the Bell breakup? Seven is obviously not small enough. There need to be hundreds of Baby Comcasts, and they will all have names like Synextergism.

(Is that from Cabin in the Woods?)

2 Likes

And now Charter’s making a bid for Time Warner again. Like the copyright bullshit, it just never lets up.

1 Like

Maybe I’m an idiot and an alarmist (or an idiot alarmist!), but maybe the merger wasn’t needed for another reason?

I know they’re one of the few parties privy to the actual specifics of the TPP, and they’re in favor of it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.