‎Come along to the land of Obey with this bizarre children's tape

Originally published at: ‎Come along to the land of Obey with this bizarre children's tape | Boing Boing

1 Like

Cool! Does she also have a companion book on corporal punishment for when the tape doesn’t work?

Fight Insult GIF by FoilArmsandHog

13 Likes

Look at the song titles - this LOOKS like it would be a great Industrial/EBM/Goth album.

So disappointed. :confused:

8 Likes

It looks like these were posted by the author. Sadly YouTube comments are turned off.

2 Likes

There was so much creepy stuff masquerading as positive Christian kids media in the 80s, especially all the Kids’ Praise albums/musicals with Psalty the Singing Songbook.

It felt like the offerings by people who wanted to outlaw rock n roll because it was the devil’s music.

7 Likes

Obligs:

15 Likes

I mean, the plot sounds familiar…

5 Likes

Yes! Sadly “The ‘Do It’ Song” is almost certainly not about what it should be

6 Likes

It looks like these were posted by the author.

It has a whiff of being auto-uploaded by something to me: The channel name is “Janeen Brady - Topic” and the comments say “Auto-generated by YouTube.”

4 Likes

For a more nuanced example that suggests it’s good to listen to adults without implying you should unconditionally obey them, take a look at the work Fred Rogers took when communicating to children: “Your favorite grown-ups can tell you where it is safe to play. It is important to try to listen to them, and listening is an important part of growing.”

8 Likes

That first track, “Land of Obey” sounds like it came from Front Line Assembly or Laibach.

5 Likes

Picture of the author on the inside cover:

10 Likes

I was thinking PIG or KMFDM, or a more modern band, Grendel.

3 Likes

So this is an S&M tape for people with an immaturity fetish as well?

I am trying to unpack everything that’s wrong with this lesson on Forgiveness. I mean, starting with the fact that there’s no apology. Holy shit.

3 Likes

It could be a whole compilation album. I’d buy that!

3 Likes

After looking through her various playlist I now want to know more about Charlotte

1 Like

Anybody want a peanut?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Boris Johnson?

4 Likes