Come on down to Mar a Lago, the White-House-in-Exile!

Oh, I’m not saying he wouldn’t do that too - I’m just saying that I can see Trump giving/selling pardons even after Jan. 20th. Completely worthless ones.

Oh, but I have no doubt that what he’ll do is grant pardons to someone whose “family” have given a huge contribution to his political PAC (much of which is going to be funneled into his own businesses and pay off personal lawsuits, etc.). In fact, I think that’s more or less already happened (I vaguely recollect someone got a pardon after being a big contributor - certainly he’s given government positions to people who paid him money).

2 Likes

He’s already got a distributor lined up: those fake anti-mask FTB card people.

3 Likes

You know he COULD pardon literally EVERY person in federal prison, just to fuck with the justice system.

1 Like

Lovely! Does anyone know of an online pool where I can wager on the various scenarios?

But, seriously, I thunk this last night: All the lawsuits, fraud allegations, the nonsense with the Four Seasons Landscaping Concern/sex shop/crematorium is cover for the shit going down at the Pentagon and other points of power.

The smugness of McConnell, Pompeo, et al is unsettling, too.

Perhaps I need to start using heavy duty foil for my hat.

4 Likes

Just remember that “smug” is their default setting.

3 Likes

Honestly? I’d probably be mostly ok with this, especially if limited to people that have been in jail more than 5 years. The ratio of the number of people with sentences > 5 years, compared to the number who should, is far too high.

But you know he WOULD only pardon white inmates.

And only those where he could see value in being owed a favor. Sorry poor white MAGAites, fuck you.

1 Like

As a 7th generation Florida native, I have one thing to say.

Yankee, Go Home!!!

2 Likes

He’ll end up like Empress Carlota, surrounded by flunkies who pretended she was still Empress of Mexico.

2 Likes

Or like Howard Hughes.

2 Likes

Or Salazar, who was allowed to believe that he was still running Portugal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.