Comedians tasked with filming something "that will look impressive in reverse"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/15/comedians-tasked-with-filming-something-that-will-look-impressive-in-reverse.html

9 Likes

This show is amazing. Combining comedy and lateral thinking with outrightly bizarre puzzles.

8 Likes

‘Tree Wizard’ had a very Tenacious D vibe. It’ll be in my head all day methinks.

8 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 17.00.26

I’m in the fucking UK, for fuck’s sake! I could have watched it live as it was broadcast!

Talk about an utterly broken system (copyright, YouTube, and on, and on)

11 Likes

Just watch it on Dave – every single night.
It just started a new series on Channel 4 but that was last night.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Here’s an excerpt from the show transcript:

:“Tree wizzzzaaaaaaaaarrrd!”

3 Likes

Great show. That episode is from 2015. Romesh Ranganathan [Tree Wizard] is hilarious–I wish he’d get featured in more stuff “over here.” If you’ve not seen “Very British Problems,” it’s a wonderful show, and he’s very funny in it.

4 Likes

There are several complete seasons of this show available on Youtube, it’s truly excellent.

4 Likes

As is Only Connect, which I adore because I’m insufferable.

3 Likes

It felt very Jemaine Clement to me.

2 Likes

Jimmy Carr does an amazing word puzzle on QI… Not surprising Stephen Hawking was a personal friend!

4 Likes

+1 for Taskmaster being excellent. It’s by far my favourite show of the last few years.

A US version was made but it was apparently not as good and only lasted one series season.

Thanks for the info for us non-UK residents. It’s a delight!

The US made a version of the UK that’s lasted about 224 years, but seems on the verge of cancellation.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.