Comic book legend Alex Ross to write and illustrate a new Fantastic Four graphic novel

Originally published at: Comic book legend Alex Ross to write and illustrate a new Fantastic Four graphic novel | Boing Boing

1 Like

The FF were sidelined by Marvel because of money and contracts, the movie ones. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2018/08/15/the-fantastic-fours-return-to-marvel-comics-is-as-nostalgic-as-it-is-necessary/

As I recall, when they ‘came back’ they had had Franklin repopulating the metaverse using his nigh unlimited powers (which, naturally now not only have limits but I think are gone entirely? Oh and he’s not a mutant anymore) as an excuse.

GotG was one of the first comic series I really got into long ago. It was really quirky, with Vance Astro serving as the voice of the reader as he basically Buck Rogers-ed his way through the world. I think it does better as a quirky side comic.

1 Like

Possibly the best screen adaptation of the franchise:

5 Likes

Not a huge FF fan, but Alex Ross is so good, I may have to pick this up.

Here is one of his masterpieces.

1 Like

Did they have a bad pilot like the JLA did? I have that JLA pilot saved somewhere and it is just so bad.

They worked very hard on their stage debut:

Alex Ross is VERY good at what he does, brimming with talent.
I just wish the comic-book environment had better roles for him, rather than assigning him yet another rehash of zombie characters.
I suppose the market wants what it wants, but things could be so much better.

A_Ross_US

1 Like

“Hopefully, Ross’s run will be popular enough for live-action once the Fantastic Four debut in the Marvel cinematic universe.”

Why?
Marvel movies are largely just homogenized, edgeless versions of comic properties. Cinema needs less of that and more of the other.
Let comics stay comics.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.