Coming Soon: Badass Delvers of the Dragon

Shmu-el Franc

Elven Raider

Shmu looks a bit beefy to be either an elf or a raider, in large part because he wasn’t. Well, a raider. He was always an elf. Probably. Little he says should be taken whole-cloth. Story is that as a particularly doughty elf he joined up with a military unit, where his superior senses and agility saw him recruited into special operations. This is probably true. There he was recognized as a natural leader and brilliant strategist (according to Shmu), and led many successful missions against dangerous odds (according to Shmu, generally with extensive details matched with numerous plot holes).

However, Shmu committed the gravest crime against any hierarchical establishment…his progress up the chain of command was eclipsed by his progress up the wives of the chain of command (probably true). This got him sent on increasingly dangerous and finally suicidal missions, but (according to Shmu) he generally figured out how to survive just within mission parameters. At last, however, one was considered sufficiently botched that he was kicked out: not quite sentenced to death, but certainly not persona grata (last a matter of widely circulated public record).

From there it was pissing away the rest of his prime years and pension on booze until both were exhausted, and he had to find a new way to make ends meet: which he did by finding a new way to make ends meet more or less every week. Over the years he’s accumulated a large web of connections with “useful” folks that help to find him work, or get it done. Almost everyone, particularly those in questionable lines of work, owes Shmu a favor. And Shmu owes everyone a favor. And on good days, he manages to juggle the two without getting bloodied…

Clichés

Ladies Man (1)
There’s some genuine charm there…but he’ll happily work with pity. (extensive wardrobe, although largely loud shirts)

Old LCMC (Lakes, Caves and More Caves) Captain (3)
He’s got the moves, the training and the experience, when he can drag his body out of retirement. (standard issue survival knife, large crossbow, a few pieces of light, concealable armor, field kit)

I Have a Foolproof Plan (3)
He’s a pretty clever strategist…and occasionally clever enough to get himself out of his own messes. (variety of infiltration devices, from lockpicks to a forgery kit)

I Know a Guy (3)
Whatever you need, he knows a guy. He may also be avoiding that guy because of a bad debt. And he may not remember that part. (an extra beer)

Hoping I have high enough word count to get the extra point for GM’s Choice. Also not really sure about gear. Hell, what does he need? He’s got his brains and a nice shirt!

Ooh! I know. A beer.

Cyborg Killing Machine (1)
You are mancer-enhanced in some way that allows you to kill things in an unnatural way. How you got this modification is up to you, or maybe you don’t know.

Needs backstory: imagined, just needs to be typed…

8 Likes