Community might be getting that movie after all

Originally published at: Community might be getting that movie after all | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Cool — cool cool cool. I have no doubt the movie will be streets ahead.

17 Likes

ezgif-4-22598e2652d0

13 Likes

Otherwise it’ll be streets behind

6 Likes

Stop trying to make “streets ahead” a thing!

9 Likes

I will if you can give me an entourage, a monkey, a backpack…

7 Likes

This was one of my absolute favorite shows when it was airing, though a rewatch a year or two ago (whenever it dropped on Netflix) indicated that either it aging, me aging, or some combo of the two meant it didn’t click as well for me now. Harmon as a person, and as a creative voice, las likewise fallen a bit in my estimation over the years, the more I learn about him.

Still, this project could bring together one of the most gifted comedy ensembles ever to grace the small screen, so if it happens, I’ll be paying attention.

2 Likes

Dragged a few more years and he could pilfer a plot from Golden Girls.

1 Like

#andamovie

2 Likes

10 Likes

Reaction GIF

9 Likes

…and a moviiieeeeee! Yassss.

The fourth season of Veronica Mars and the movie to boot were both goddam miracles (and welcome ones at that) so I choose to believe anything is possible.

Fingers crossed that the movie has pillow fort and paintball parts.

4 Likes

Wonder if the Russos are available to direct.

1 Like

If there’s no paintball then I’m not watching.

7 Likes

The film crowd sourced by the fans was decent, but that last season of VM was incredibly disappointing; to the point that Rob Thomas is now ‘dead’ to me.

5 Likes

I joined the party really late (like last couple years) and am incredibly excited by this prospect.

1 Like

I loved it in its OG release, re-watched recently and yeah, the Harmon is now too loud. The other artists are wonderful. YNB is a super star!

2 Likes

It was not the best, I agree. However my fandom for this IP is such that they could have handed me a severed horse head with “Veronica Mars Season 4” tattooed on it and I would have thanked them profusely. My opinion is not… shall we say… objective on the matter.

3 Likes

Apparently after every paintball fight episode, the producers swore they would never do another one. They were apparently really complex and exhausting to film, and the whole crew kinda hated them. This is probably why they became more art pieces towards the end, and less action-packed-social-commentary shooting fights. The fans all seem to agree they are all masterpieces, though. I count myself among those who feel that way.

3 Likes

They are my favourites. I expect the crew felt similarly to that Janitor after Abed had his Han Solo moment.

7 Likes