Company president calls a customer "Fatty McFat-Fat" when she gives them a bad review

Almost makes me wish I was a customer, so I could have the satisfaction of boycotting them for the rest of time.

8 Likes

Seems like this CEO is a patch of poop all right.

And here I thought Canadians were nice!

3 Likes

Required reading for fat shaming (especially for professionals, especially for health professionals, but also for shite-gobbed lizard-fuckers like the dude in this article):

19 Likes

Guess the president never heard of ‘The buck stops here.’

4 Likes

As a human being, I think this is inexcusable. Completely and utterly.

As a truly shitty human being, I still laughed.

2 Likes

Your optimism fills me with joy.

9 Likes

What an interesting way to announce the pending change of the company’s name.

6 Likes

“Under the laws in the province of Ontario, it is unlawful for an individual to make deliberate statements that intend to harm a corporation’s reputation,” the letter reads.

Under the laws in the province of Ontario it’s unlawful to hold yourself out as a lawyer if you’re not one.

12 Likes

I’m not sure what would prevent the folks in India from doing either of those things.

Yeah, that “excuse” is so obviously a nonsense attempt to deflect, and a racist one at that.

That doesn’t seem to be the case here, though. First, all communications would have to be run through India, exclusively, since the news program called them and got an inappropriate response back. Also, they’re using North American English and cultural references. (Unless the entire company is located in India… and employs North Americans there, it doesn’t make sense.)
Even if it were true, that’d be worse - running all company communications through a random Indian call center, and allowing those people to represent themselves as the CEO? Burn that company to the ground - it’s so stupid it doesn’t deserve to continue existing.

4 Likes

Isn’t sending a fake legal letter illegal?

Edit: This is Canada too… they don’t have the weirdness about speech America does.

1 Like
  1. It seems to me the news has had a surprising bump in these little stories that could be collected under a clickbait title like: “You won’t believe how many dickheads turn out to be Canadian!” Could there be a coordinated effort in publicizing these things to stem the coming tide of American expats?

2. I do not mean to offer the slightest excuse or cover for this bad behavior, but I do wonder if, in the far-flung future, historians will recognize this period as marred by the widespread use and abuse of mind-altering substances both legal and illegal. I actually kind of hope so, because competing explanations are sadder.

Chubby women are hot, damnit. Irrespective of that, body shaming is the kind of thing 5 year olds who still wet the bed do.

What grown adult talks like this? If this guy came up to me and I heard him speak to anyone like this I would just ignore his presence. He’s so immature his presence wouldn’t even register with me.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter in the least if a woman is actually “fat” or not anyway. I’ve been called fat when I was less than 110 lbs. They just think all women are terrified of being fat, so they fling that out there regardless of veracity.

Also, I encounter rather a lot of Indian men online (they seem to have an inexplicable thing for me and most of them don’t take no for an answer) and the text of the responses doesn’t read like the messages I get. They’re more likely to try to insult my age than my physique.

10 Likes

Maybe this is all a viral marketing campaign for the Split sequel?

3 Likes

This, exactly.

When trying to “cut a woman to the quick,” the insults most commonly resorted to are ‘bitch’, ‘fat’, and ‘slut/whore’; regardless whether any of those terms are remotely accurate or not.

Call me mean, but I can’t wait until someone inevitably doxxes the CEO by posting an unflattering image of him online ; 5 will get you 10 he ain’t nowhere near “a Fabio” himself.

17 Likes

Huh. I didn’t know that Unbreakable had become a film series. I’ll need to check that out. If this is a viral marketing campaign by M Night Shyamalan I am going to write him a very angry letter.

3 Likes

Let me know how that works out for you; I swore off all Shyamalan years ago, after seeing the dismal non-event that was the Happening.

I’ve heard Splinter is good, and Glass is supposed to be as well… but I just don’t care.

‘Fool me once, shame on me,’ and all that jazz.

I’m simply never wasting another second of of my life on any film that dude’s even marginally associated with.

7 Likes

Will do! I’ve willfully ignored news about his movies since the The Happening, too. But… it’s been a long time. And I liked Unbreakable. So…yeah I’m probably going to be disappointed.

3 Likes

i had one thing going for me when i watched “the happening”-- i have a peculiar appreciation for the experience of boredom. i’ve even developed a matrix which allowed me to characterize more 30 distinct flavors of boredom.

8 Likes