Company president calls a customer "Fatty McFat-Fat" when she gives them a bad review

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/20/company-president-calls-a-cust.html

7 Likes

Paging Dr. Streisand…

29 Likes

“Fatty McFat-Fat”

Winning friends and influence award!

12 Likes

I have to take it back, they don’t sell astroturf they sell sod in a cardboard box for a 1300% mark-up. Still dickheads.

26 Likes

The CEO’s next response:

tumblr_ndut6rKH3x1sg3vmpo8_250

39 Likes

How can they not think this won’t come back to hurt them?
Even as a white man this is not gonna get a pass.

12 Likes

Meanwhile some poor Scottish person who is actually named Fatty McFatfat is left wondering how they got dragged in to this dispute.

31 Likes

6 Likes

11 Likes

I bet the guy’s fat.

6 Likes

Perhaps this CEO imagines he’s just like the CEO of Comcast – completely immune to criticism, complaints, and bad reviews. But a small business just may not have that immunity.

Bet he has an MBA.

13 Likes

From the original article:

In several later emails, while declining multiple interview requests, the company blamed the responses on a customer service company it uses in India.
“Multiple people work customer service under the signature of the owner and we are dealing with this internally,” read one reply.
“Unfortunately, they still have access to our account and we are attempting to put a stop to this.”

Both blaming brown people and providing an out for future repugnant behavior. Someone needs to apply with the Trump Administration.

27 Likes

They say that CS reps can respond as the CEO? I’m sorry but in what world does that excuse make sense? I can’t imagine any scenario where that would be done.

28 Likes

I dunno, this guy is a jerk, but I am kinda impressed a 12 year old was able to start and run a company like that, with all the logistics required to ship out grass, the marketing etc.

7 Likes

Professionalism, motherfucker: do you speak it?

18 Likes

Having spoken to some “tech support” people in India, it wouldn’t surprise me if this was all absolutely true. Somebody thought having email signed by the CEO would make the biz seem friendly and bespoke, and someone with the power to use that signature was a troll.

4 Likes

I remember the world where it wouldn’t make sense for someone to even consider using that excuse. I remember it fondly.

14 Likes

These Indians also were able to respond to a Global News and send a letter from a fake lawyer? Really?

21 Likes

It makes me wonder if the shot of him on their site is real or just something clipped off the net.

Screen_Shot_2017-03-24_at_7.02.42_PM.jpg

6 Likes

Isn’t that Donny Jr.?

4 Likes