Compare the fat joke in the Black Widow trailer with Daisy Ridley saying she was "taking in no nutrients"

Crack of doom if you stand downwind.

6 Likes

This isn’t the first time Daisy Ridley has been body-positive. This article is from a couple of years back.

5 Likes

Still… :slightly_smiling_face: Just for the record (these three – for starters – being interesting):

http://originalpeople.org/famous-black-russians-father-of-russian-literature-and-black-russian-royal-familes/

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/secret/famous/ustinov.html

3 Likes

Moscow was full of students from África.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Or perhaps. And maybe this is just me taking a shot in the dark. People looked at the joke within its context and understood it was a direct shot at the age old issue of as we men grow older we tend to gain a bit in the mid section.

I mean. Being a 46 yr old male myself and often looking on the mirror and actually muttering to myself “my god you’ve gotten fat” in Edna’s voice.

But hey. Maybe that’s just me.

4 Likes

Nope, there are times when I totally hear Edna Mode in my head too; but usually she’s giving me positive advice about ‘not looking back’… and something about “capes.”

5 Likes

THAT TOO.

Plus her saying “what is that?! Is that a question?!?”

2 Likes

My kid has minor body issues with being too thin. I keep reminding him that I was rail thin like him till about oh 23ish. Then all of a sudden I got a tummy and could no longer eat a whole pizza.

4 Likes

I recall chalking that up more as a pointed remark about his unkempt long hair slacker appearance versus any veiled jab at his weight. It was also exactly the kind of pop culture referencing dickish remark that I’d expect from Stark.

7 Likes

Thor was channeling the dude quite a bit in that scene.

2 Likes

Thor Dude abides.

Yes, that’s exactly what I was saying, when I was commenting on a scene of a young woman telling an overweight man that he was, in fact, fat. Spot on.

I thought Obadiah was Lebowski!

Thanks. It seemed very much like the opposite.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.