Compare the fat joke in the Black Widow trailer with Daisy Ridley saying she was "taking in no nutrients"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/compare-the-fat-joke-in-the-bl.html

1 Like

I don’t recall anyone being up in arms when Edna said it…

8 Likes

Strange,
I didn’t see a single person of color in that trailer…
Wonder what planet they’re living on?

2 Likes

Samuel was in the first few seconds.

And Scarlett Johansson was in the whole thing. /s

7 Likes

Well, it mostly focused on the Black Widow’s family, so… Russia?

David Harbour regularly posts photos and videos of himself poking fun at his “dad bod”, so if anything, that sounds like playful mockery written for him.

16 Likes

So who is his character? I am not as familiar with the Avengers books. I do like that his costume is a bright color!

He is Red Guardian…basically Soviet era Captain America.

There have been numerous people who wore the mantle of RG…none had any super powers of note, yet the MCU version seems to have some enhancement going on based on that teaser. It may just be a trick of the trailer cuts.

There is a whole line up of a Soviet Avengers known as The Winter Guard

I bet we get a Crimson Dynamo sighting in this film…he is a major character in Marvel’s history for Iron Man and the effects tech for an armored character is proven.

6 Likes

last time I saw him on a talk show he’d shed his dad-bod and I suspect that is more his natural state.

3 Likes

is this the kind of thing that’s controversial now?

1 Like

I think people have missed the point of the post.

6 Likes

Wait, what was the reaction to Thor in Endgame?

Internet, please tell me what the accepted consensus opinion on this is. I don’t want to embarass myself on 4chan.

3 Likes

My personal reaction was “Thor’s PTSD, alcoholism and related weight-gain were by far the most realistic and relatable reactions to the events of Infinity War and War Machine was frankly being a dick with that ‘Cheez-Whiz’ jab.”

Tony Stark’s “Lebowski” comment was kind of mean but funny.

14 Likes

To clarify: You’re cool with the idea of a woman having to have an eating disorder in order to pursue her career?

8 Likes

Indeed, and he got the hammer back; his physical fitness was no barrier to Worthiness.

11 Likes

I’ve seen many a contractor who didn’t let a little beer gut stand in the way of mastering a hammer.

5 Likes

I’ve seen many a contractor stand in the way of whole buildings with a crack big enough to hide a sledgehammer in, but if the work comes in on time and on budget who cares how big they are?

4 Likes

It’s almost as though social norms around whether it’s okay to make being fat the butt of a joke have shifted in the last *looks at watch* 15 years.

7 Likes

Well, who cares… they just shouldn’t harp on about it is all… It’s not like it matters, AMIRITE! /s

6 Likes

Because Edna and Mr. Incredible were clearly good friends.

1 Like

Would that be… a crack of Thunder?

6 Likes