Comparing Trump and Clinton's careers is funny, ironic and sad

Ummm, I’m against Trump. Re-read the thread. I’m commenting on the individual who has qualms over Hillary.

1 Like

Ah! Fair enough… my bad.

3 Likes

Frontline does a pretty good workup as well:

2 Likes

The one who rounded up American citizens in internment camps because they had the wrong racial background or the one who orchestrated a revolution in Panama in the name of free trade?

13 Likes

I just realized who Trump reminds me of!

4 Likes

It’d only be fair to let William Henry Harrison have another crack at it. But make him do his inauguration speech inside this time.

JFK take 2 might be good for a laugh.

10 Likes

Its going to be done as a Thunderdome event. Standards and Practices on television have sunk low enough to get away with the bloodshed on all networks and it saves the voters the trouble of a messy election. It will be over in about 1.3 minutes when Trump reaches for the chainsaw (which has no gas) and Hillary cleaves him in 2 with a medieval polearm.

5 Likes

I suspect he would have been satisfied with Sanders. He’s made an entirely valid request – one which only strained, laughable analogies can delegitimize.

Hillary Clinton is not a catastrophic choice for POTUS. She is also not a stellar choice. She is a moderate conservative, extremely beholden to our financial elite, and has lived in an elite bubble for +2 decades. The high self-regard that aided her in her youth has ossified into arrogance.

The Democrats could have fielded a better candidate, even given the nature of federal-level politics & high office. I intend to vote for her. I do not intend to put up with being told I’m required to smile, cock my pretty little head to the side, and shake pom-poms on her behalf.

6 Likes

The original request really seems like a strained, laughable effort to delegitimize the original article.

5 Likes

OT but in my area I used to see a car with a bumper sticker that said “Obama: Carter’s 2nd Term.”

It disappeared after the 2012 election which made me sad. I liked the idea of Carter as a three-term president.

10 Likes

Only if it leads to the oft-theatened never-realized secession of Texas.

11 Likes

Actual citation on this arrogance you state she has? Or is that something you just pulled out of your pom-poms?

5 Likes

I wonder if the guy took it off when he realized that the public perception of Carter changed from “the peanut farmer we elected for president” to “Nobel-prize-winning, human rights promoting, peace-negotiating elder diplomat” and his bumper sticker read like a big thumbs-up.

10 Likes

Heh. I didn’t grok that it was meant as a bad thing.

3 Likes

Has Oliver Stone ever done a rom-com?

Not disagreeing, but it is important to point out that the reason she looks like a moderate conservative is because of how much the left has won over the past 40 years, in many cases driven by the efforts of herself and people like her. She is part of what shifted the Overton window that far.

I think Sanders has excellent ideas, and the world would be a better place if we implemented his as opposed to Clinton’s ideas. Same was true for Carter. Neither Sanders nor Carter has/had any clue how to govern effectively and get things done in the governing structures that actually exist. Clinton does. Disappointing, unfortunate, worth a fight over the structure of government to change, but during a presidential campaign against Trump is an extremely risky and ineffective time to try to make that case.

13 Likes

This needs to be made as a montage with The Persuaders’ opening theme in the background.

Ok. How about: Hillary Clinton is the best of any of the lot running?

6 Likes

There’s another one where she went undercover to expose racial prejudice in landlords at the same time that he was being sued for racial prejudice in his real estate business.

4 Likes

Neither, but I’d sure as hell vote for Eleanor.

15 Likes