Compilation of Florida drivers discovering red lights are not optional

On the topic of different driving styles internationally. I was in the Philippines in Oct. At first it seemed like pure chaos. But over time I came to appreciate the organic like nature of the traffic and how it would reroute around issues that would of caused multi-mile backups here in Seattle. Although to be fair, having the day be an odd number is enough to make Seattle traffic completely fail.

6 Likes

It is encouraging to see all the famers, builders, light industrial on the roads in these clips, Florida must be very industrious. I’m imagining all many of goods and services being transported under those shiny truck bed covers!

1 Like

You always hear “The drivers where I live are the worst - blah blah blah”

I was just in Seattle and I’ll happily drive with my Chicagoland Drivers after a couple of trips through that Pacific Northwest traffic pit.

3 Likes

Probably not much. The game alerts you if you’re moving at car speed while playing, and you really need to be in one spot to catch one, not moving forward. You can snag Pokestops while driving, but even that isn’t very effective. Since a big part of the game is encouraging walking, its accelerometer makes it hard to play while driving, really.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this many times in the past, but only just now noticed tiny Bugs raising his arms in the air in a flourish after he finishes sawing, as if to say “ta DA!!!” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

They added that a month or two after release after a number of high profile incidents of people driving and playing.

They updated the game again a few weeks after adding the driving warning to stop showing Pokemon once you were driving over a certain speed. For a while my wife was snagging them while we were on the freeway doing 70.

Hitting stops while driving is really hard now though it was all about timing at first. It was possible to time grabbing them at 40 initially.

1 Like

I love dry humor!

We were in Indiana last night for dinner with my dad, parked between two very shiny, very large pickup trucks on a very small town’s ‘Main Street’. At least there, I have some sense that most of the pickup trucks really are used for their intended purpose.

3 Likes

Yellow means ‘prepare to stop’. Wisconsinites know this.

2 Likes

Sometimes it means slam on the brakes immediately. Other times it means when the light turns yellow, mentally debate going through like it’s Sophie’s Choice, then gun it at the last second, leaving the person behind you fuming at the red light.

5 Likes

When there’s someone tailgating you, yellow means speed up. Stopping will result in a rear-end collision that you may or may not have time to deal with.

3 Likes

When someone’s tailgating me, I’ll do whatever. They can’t bully me.

1 Like

Everybody needs a hobby!

3 Likes

Driving in Seattle has helped me fully accept the day that all cars are driverless. I think
part of the problem is that everyone here is from somewhere else creating a mishmash of incongruent driving styles. Another major problem is the numerous waterways creating traffic chokepoints. One or two accidents in choice locations can bring the city to its knees and rage people out.

4 Likes

That’s the best part!

3 Likes

I will get rear-ended in Seattle at some stage because of my habit of stopping when the lights are turning red instead of making a run for it.

I liked driving until I moved to Seattle. I’d happily never drive again now.

4 Likes

It’s the easiest of the humors to clean up.

4 Likes

Is dry humor the opposite of aqueous humor?

1 Like

Given the size perspective in relation to the map, Bugs would probably be about 3000 ft tall!

6 Likes

That’s a slick comeback.

2 Likes

At the end of the gif, his feet are in St Marys GA and his head is near Brunswick, a distance of about 40 miles.

2 Likes