Confederate flag rally results in fender bender

Around the same time the Republican Party decided that it needed these people’s votes :confused:

2 Likes

About a decade before that, but yeah (if you mean when Nixon employed the southern strategy to win over Wallace voters - remember that Wallace was a dem)… Essentially the shift was slow going to the GOP and the south didn’t become solidly GOP until much more recently, actually.

2 Likes

I mean sometime between Thurmond and Wallace, when the States’ Rights people had clearly separated themselves from the Democrats, and the Republicans said, “Hey look, there’s some unaffiliated voters! How low can we go? Who cares!”

3 Likes

I like this piece for the narration more than the fender bender.

I have organized a number of demonstrations, and it is also common for drivers to be distracted by something “new and different” on the adjacent sidewalk and to run red lights and get in collisions. Never the intention on our part for that to happen.

Sometimes it seems like “The Dukes of Hazzard” is the main fallback reason in support of displaying the Confederate flag. “But, I was a kid and I loved Dukes of Hazzard!” Man, I’m sorry about that, but we’re all 30 years older now and you can keep your childhood toys, but otherwise… you just might have to move on. Seriously, you’d think “The Dukes of Hazzard” was the tent pole of my local culture sometimes, the way it gets dragged out. Why not A-Team?

4 Likes

4 Likes

Don’t burn Confederate flags.

Use them as a horse diaper.

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

Guns! Explosions!

Smoking!

How about… Maude?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.