We'd be okay with this remodel of The Dukes of Hazzard car

[Read the post]

7 Likes

That would be awesome. And they could still be considered rebels in the South.

12 Likes

Former Rep. Ben Jones (D-GA) says the Confederate flag is not a hateful symbol but instead a banner with positive historical context despite, “the few thousand people that run around wearing sheets and committing atrocities.”

Rep. Jones, who played “Cooter” on “The Dukes of Hazzard”, owns stores in Virginia and Tennessee, where he sells Confederate flags and other items and celebrates the fictional Hazzard County from his TV show.

Here’s Mr. Jones, posting on his Facebook page:

I THINK ALL OF HAZZARD NATION UNDERSTANDS THAT THE CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAG IS THE SYMBOL THAT REPRESENTS THE INDOMITABLE SPIRIT OF INDEPENDENCE WHICH KEEPS US “MAKIN’ OUR WAY THE ONLY WAY WE KNOW HOW.”

THAT FLAG ON TOP OF THE GENERAL LEE MADE A STATEMENT THAT THE VALUES OF THE RURAL SOUTH WERE THE VALUES OF COURAGE AND FAMILY AND GOOD TIMES.

OUR BELOVED SYMBOL IS NOW BEING ATTACKED IN A WAVE OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS THAT IS UNPRECEDENTED IN OUR NATION OF FREE SPEECH AND FREE EXPRESSION. ACTIVISTS AND POLITICIANS ARE VILLIFYING SOUTHERN CULTURE AND OUR HERITAGE AS BEING BIGOTED AND RACIST. WE KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. AND WE KNOW THAT IN HAZZARD COUNTY THERE WAS NEVER ANY RACISM.

THOUGH THE FLAG HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM SUCH PLACES AS WALMART, TARGET AND AMAZON, IT WILL NEVER BE REMOVED FROM ANY OF OUR COOTER’S STORES AND MUSEUMS. WE ARE ALL THE SAME GOOD PEOPLE TODAY THAT WE WERE LAST WEEK AND LAST YEAR AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SHAMED INTO TURNING OUR BACKS ON OUR HERITAGE AND OUR CONVICTIONS.

WE ARE NOT RACISTS. WE DESPISE RACISM AND BIGOTRY. AND WE THINK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE CREATING THIS “CULTURAL CLEANSING” ARE THE REAL BIGOTS IN THIS STORY.

WHEN WE SAY OUR FLAG STANDS FOR “HERITAGE, NOT HATE” AND “PRIDE, NOT PREJUDICE”, WE MEAN IT. AND WE BELIEVE THAT OLD SAYING, “YOU CAN’T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING IF YOU FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM.”

COOTER’S IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO SELL OUR SOUTHERN SYMBOLS AS LONG AS THERE IS A COOTER’S. I WILL FIGHT THESE PEOPLE UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER, AND THEN I WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE ICE.

You think cousins don’t marry in the South?

5 Likes

Bo and Daisy, Luke and Daisy, or Bo and Luke? I’d be most in favor of the third option as it leaves Daisy available :wink:

6 Likes

As usual, criticize a conservative and watch how fast they turn into victims of oppression. One would almost think they had no idea what actual oppression looks like. Almost.

8 Likes

I love the new look. They even un-welded the doors shut.

1 Like

Challenge accepted. Here’s a tame example

Staightnin’ the curves
Flatnin the hills
Someday the mountain might get 'em
But the law never will

oohhHHHH!

Yes…yes the law never will. :blush:

2 Likes

They’ll just need to change the lettering from “GENERAL LEE”, to “GENERALLY FINE WITH IT”.

6 Likes

They weren’t welded. Daisy finally explained to them how door handles work. They aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed.

3 Likes

Expressing their approval of LGBT equality doesn’t have to mean they’re sleeping together.

(Feel free to tell me to lighten up. I thought it was funny but I’ve also been around way too many people who take that “slippery slope” argument seriously.)

1 Like

General Glee!

11 Likes

maybe, but not FIRST Cousins.

It’s something I’ve heard my whole life, and even though where I live is in the southern end of Illinois, the last I checked, we’re not in the South (even if our neighbors to the west joined the Confederacy.)

Having said that, I’ve never met anyone who flies that flag who wasn’t openly racist, bigoted, and/or ignorant. Not one. And to add to that, they’re the types of people who get offended at this kind of “controversy” but will also ask questions like, “Why do we have a Black History Month but not a White History Month?”

Y’know, those companies made a decision to stop selling products after an openly racist person went into an AME church and killed nine people.

I wonder if Cooter’s carries first-person shooters? Does Mr. Jones support my right to play violent video games in the privacy of my own home, or does he buy into Wayne LaPierre’s bullcrap?

I’m sorry, I missed the part where someone went in and killed a bunch of white people in a Cooter’s.

1 Like

Brokeback Hazzard

Marrying your first cousin has a long and honored history. Both Charles Darwin and Albert Einstein married their first cousins. Until quite recently it was considered quite normal.

2 Likes

Obamacare and gay marriage are here to stay & the Southern hate flag is on the way out, It’s been a tough week for assholes!

1 Like

No, it isn’t. It’s the treasonous symbol of a failed rebellion, the battle flag that was used to wage an actual war against the US of A. If there was ever anything more deserving of the label “Un-American”, it is the confederate battle flag.

On top of that, the claim of “heritage” misses the essential point that the battle flag was not actually the flag of the Confederate States, and that the civil war only lasted for four whole years. The people in the Confederate States were Americans before the war, Americans after the war, and arguably Americans during the war. And they want to claim the heritage of the four-year period when the South was fighting to uphold slavery? That’s their argument?

I call bullshit. Heritage has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes