Dukes of Hazzard's Bo Duke has a new film for fellow victims of the "woke left"

Originally published at: Dukes of Hazzard's Bo Duke has a new film for fellow victims of the "woke left" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I wonder how much of his anti-wokeness stems from fear of losing residuals from his racism-mobile show.

36 Likes

He is probably still sore from being written out of Smallville after 100 episodes.

21 Likes

27 Likes

It’s not fascism when we do it! FFS!

32 Likes

And, if necessary, die for his flag.

The same stars-and-bars that was on the General Lee, I assume.

48 Likes

25 Likes

I got curious about his other recent work, and came across a movie I hadn’t even heard of: Roe v. Wade, that came out in 2019. The cast includes Schneider as Justice Byron White, Jon Voight as Burger, Stacey Dash, Jamie Kennedy, and has Roger Stone in a cameo as a reporter. Based on that cast, everyone else in that film is trash, as far as I’m concerned, and that includes Corbin Bernsen, Joey Lawrence, and Steve Guttenberg, who I didn’t realize were part of Hollywood’s conservative wing.

24 Likes

Victims is an interesting word for people who are told to stop being assholes without any kind of force or even threats of force.

48 Likes

On Friday nights for six years, between The Incredible Hulk , and the nighttime soap opera Dallas, the Duke boys entertained America.

Except for most of the fifth season when we were entertained by Coy and Vance.

10 Likes

Why yes it does. Not just yours either. Neither is yours special. It’s all deeply offensive and shitty wrongheaded thinking.

ETA
Grammar and autocorrect. It’s singular as love of country could be parsed in a way that wasn’t shitty. Like looking after all of its children and its environment.

19 Likes

Synopsis reads like a Chuck Tingle dust cover for insurrectionists!

…the scary thing being that the authors/audience of crap like that aren’t “in on the joke”, and actually buy into it word-for-word

17 Likes

I watched the trailer. It looks… bad. Weird color filter, odd closeup shots of people talking and very stilted dialog.

As for the subject matter, seems like some weirdass victimhood fantasy. Middle-aged white guy is harassed by neighborhood about flying the US national flag, which I’m fairly certain is not a thing that would ever happen. Dude makes flying the flag in his front yard the literal hill he’ll die on, while espousing some strange ideas about what constitutes freedom. Seems to me this is the kind of conflict the intended audience wish they could have.

34 Likes

It’s more projection. If your neighbourhood is harassing you for flying a flag in the U.S., that flag is more likely to be the pride or trans one than it is the stars and stripes or even the Confederate battle flag.

41 Likes

Don’t you get it? There can only be one flag!

/S

17 Likes

Sounds legit. I’ve been in America and it’s shocking how many flags there were. And the World Cup wasn’t even on!

27 Likes

There are places nearby to me where confederate battle flags are as common as mailboxes.

20 Likes

Hollywood’s reputation as lefty is definitely not earned. It’s a lot of upper level people at giant corporations and otherwise independently wealthy actors. Classic formula for people to be conservative, and they are for the most part. They play it close to the vest for marketing reasons, and left-leaning content being produced is to cater to their audience only. When you look where their large political donations go, it’s a very different story.

Privilege is a hell of a drug. When you’ve only ever gotten your way in life, being told otherwise feels like oppression.

I had a similar thought about the cover photo. Not having seen Dukes since it was on TV back in the day, I am struck by how supergay those outfits are. I mean, ladies, come on. That bracelet? The hat worn that way, and the open shirts? These alleged icons of heterosexuality are up next on the rainbow stage at Back Door.

40 Likes

A statement that inadvertently strongly supports open borders and welcoming refugees.

17 Likes

Let’s not malign Chuck Tingle now…

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

24 Likes