Dukes of Hazzard's Bo Duke has a new film for fellow victims of the "woke left"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In other news; I watched the trailer, and it is fucking bonkers.

11 Likes

wokeleft

13 Likes

Setting aside the setup for what will almost certainly include offensive and backward opinions stated as fact, the synopsis (if you can call it that) just sounds BORING.

At least when new Star Wars projects (say) don’t do well, most viewers correctly identify the lack of plot or character development as the reason, not something dumb like, “not enough people are woke like me.” Whereas when this film (that I’ve already forgotten the name of) fails, its proponents will blame it on the lack of patriotism by the viewer or some other stupid non-reason.

14 Likes

Honestly, I thought Marines were supposed to be “mentally tough”. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

They think they’re triggering us, when really we’re just bored senseless.

25 Likes

If they rebooted The Dukes of Hazzard to the modern day, they’d be selling meth, as the market for illicit moonshine has plummeted, given all the small-batch beer, spirits, cider, kombucha as well as bespoke corporate moonshine widely available these days.

31 Likes

Well, that sucks.

Though every boy of a certain age when that show was on, spent their days building dirt ramps and jumping their Hot Wheels cars off them with a “yeeeee-haaaawwww!!” I guess we can still have that time in the past while condemning the actors of the present.

What sucks is - I never had a Dukes of Hazard car! My favorite was a red Corvette with doors that open. In my world, if the doors could open then the car could fly.

15 Likes

Would a Chuck Tingle book get dusty?

6 Likes

John Schneider is now so patriotic, he believes the wrong side won World War II.

35 Likes

My goodness, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that captured as succinctly!

It’s like, “Yeah, I’m offended by your crappy movie, but not because it’s triggering — because it’s SO BAD.”

17 Likes

Sticky, yes. Dusty, no.

7 Likes

I’m not triggered, I’m just…

11 Likes

Its consistent though. They don’t see actual victims as really having suffered anything (racism is over, Black people aren’t actually persecuted, women lie about being raped, etc). So they use the word “victim” in the way they think its being used.

14 Likes

They done firebombed the General Lee, mah!

Boss Hogg was woke!

15 Likes

And, if necessary, die for his flag.

I assume this is referring to the Confederate battle flag. He owns one of the original cars from the show, and he is very butt-hurt about people asking him to cover it or remove the flag from it.

I grew up watching that show, and it makes me very sad how pathetic its stars have become. Wopat is a drunk groper, and now Schneider has let the GQP worms eat his brain. Ben Jones refuses to stop selling Confederate flag merchandise, spouting that “derp derp muh heRitaGe!” bullshit.

11 Likes

Off topic, but Carlisle was a good mix of St Georges Crosses and Saltires whenever a football tournament was on. Things always felt a bit tense when that happened.

7 Likes

I live in Wisconsin and work in Illinois (so roughly halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago.) They’re not that common around here, but they’re certainly more common than you’d expect, what with us being very firmly Northern states and all that. Did they get lost and can’t find their way back? I’d be happy to buy them a map or a bus ticket.

18 Likes

The dude is from Mount Kisco, NY and never served in the military.

This is the only grift he’s got left at his age in entertainment.

25 Likes

What?! When I’ve visited the US, even places that are derided as overly liberal, it seems to me that US is 20% American flag by volume!

18 Likes

I just watched the trailer. Holy shit. Crappy production value aside, it does NOT make Schneider’s character look like the good guy at all. He calls some neighbor who is not white Tonto, and then tells the guy he’s surprised he served. WTF is that? Everything about that trailer makes Schneider look like a nutjob who loses his shit and is thinking about shooting up the town.

19 Likes