Dukes of Hazzard's Bo Duke has a new film for fellow victims of the "woke left"

Even worse there are Canadians that fly/display the confederate flag, it’s embarrassing. I just take it as a public display of their racism or just that they’re a douche and stay the hell away.

15 Likes

Nice ironic use of Sorbo there…

15 Likes

And that’s just within the cities. Just one minute outside of a small SUNY town in western ny you’d immediately see a bunch of Gadsden and Fuck Biden flags all over the place lol

5 Likes

It also gives a lot of time to the Indigenous neighbor who makes excellent points about whom the flag represents and whose literal military service actually “matters” while the white guy speaks in bumper-sticker talk and makes threats that would only sound cool to a midwestern teenager; “Next time I’ll cut a donut in your damn living room!” — shouted from his El Camino.

Laugh Love GIF by The Bachelorette

10 Likes

I love the notion of two nations, one football team. Like Belgium. Or Switzerland who can’t even shout the name of the country and instead shout “Nati! Nati!” (apparently short for “national team”).

4 Likes

I took a fairly long tour on my motorcycle through parts of Canada and in Alberta I saw convoys of cars and trucks with Canadian and Confederate flags waving and honking their horns. I had a discussion with a lady at the front desk of the hotel I was staying in who I took to be of South Asian heritage and mentioned that in the US those guys were racist asshole. She said she believe them to be the same in Canada.

15 Likes

acceptable

15 Likes

Taken as a fantasy show set in a universe more removed from reality than Lord of the Rings, Dukes of Hazzard had some great vaudevillian performances in it. I’m thinking in particular of Sorrell Booke’s magnificent Boss Hogg, a legitimately Emmy-worthy stint. He leaned in and played that criminal Foghorn Leghorn character with delicious zest. Similar respect for other actors leaning into a 2D character and making a triple-bacon-cheeseburger of a meal out of them, like James Best’s crooked doofus cop Roscoe P. Coltrane. (I had to look up both actors names to give them credit.)

It’s a damn shame the whole fantasy world was built on shit ideas and impulses like, among many others, making no big deal out of total ignorance and pretending racism doesn’t exist.

Edit: revised actor name for accurate credit where it’s due.

17 Likes

Pardon

3 Likes

48 Likes

Baby Whatever GIF

3 Likes

I don’t believe I’m colorblind or my monitor is out of calibration. But it seems to be something a little strange about the colors in this trailer. And why does everyone seem to be performing in front of a green screen? It looks like they were glued onto the backdrop…

7 Likes

This needs a sister car named the General Sherman that includes flamethrowers.

26 Likes
13 Likes

That’s how conservatives can tell who’s the hero of the story. He’s just expressing his views without censoring himself for the benefit of the woke left. Anyway, everyone knows, only straight white cis Christian men should be allowed to serve in the military (or really even want to serve – anyone else is just there to tear down society as part of a liberal social experiment something something freedom.

Do I even need to add the sarcasm tag? That actually turned my stomach a little to type!

17 Likes

That sounds like a euphemism for passing gas.

9 Likes

Now that’s what I call a burnout!

8 Likes

sounds good

better get to it then :stopwatch:

10 Likes

Ought to be General Sherman instead

6 Likes

No guns visible in the trailer? Possibly none in the movie, were they unable to afford the insurance?

Even the car gets close-up shots (spinning tire)!

2 Likes