After pro-Trump rallies, hundreds of Proud Boys roam D.C. terrorizing people at night

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/12/after-pro-trump-rallies-hundreds-of-proud-boys-roam-d-c-terrorizing-people-at-night.html

6 Likes

Republicans and especially trumpists don’t believe in democracy. They believe in fascism.

69 Likes

what would be the American equivalent of Kristallnacht?

17 Likes

Kristallnacht 2, MAGA Boogaloo

62 Likes

I can hear this shit from my apartment window. It pisses me off that those morons show up and fuck up my town.

57 Likes

Portland: Welcome to my decade.

56 Likes

You definitely have my sympathies.

28 Likes

I’m sure there were a number of such events, but the one that comes to mind first is

55 Likes

Yeah- heard about that in hushed tones when I lived in Oklahoma for a couple years.

That was a 1st level atrocity in American history, one of many, forgotten by many and often not taught- but it definitely happened.

The proud boys can go fuck themselves. They have nothing to be proud of.

Conservatives- this is your people. There’s no fucking hiding or debating it at all- your people are armed violent goons attacking normal Americans who don’t align with them.

BLM is not, for the over 50th time in 4 years, who is driving cars into crowds of innocents.

The ones doing that are FUCKING CONSERVATIVES!

Quit denying this shit! Everyone with eyes sees this is the case, you have no moral ground AT ALL. None!

50 Likes

49 Likes

Stolze Jungen essen Scheiße.

24 Likes

If we only had free higher education, maybe these guys would have something to do with their time and less motivation to be fascists. True history, true politics, civics, intramural sports, maybe even some art classes or humanities courses?

33 Likes

50 Likes

Chances are they would either refuse the opportunity (too many “librals” in collages), and/or they would not have the aptitude/intelligence, and would quickly flunk out.

These are not the best and brightest bulbs in the box. Remember, they only call themselves the “proud boys” because they have absolutely nothing that they can be proud about.

35 Likes

Education only works on people smart enough to want it.

33 Likes

A lot of people seem to want it, but don’t understand that facebook and QAnon aren’t accredited institutions. :man_shrugging:

44 Likes

'Nuff said.

20 Likes

A couple of upsides:

1. The DC police are not in bed with these neo Nazis.
  2. The city has a zero tolerance policy towards carrying guns in public and very strict on carry permits.
  3. Thanks to #2 this is strictly “Jets and Sharks” level rumbling.
28 Likes

If you have to ask, yes.

7 Likes

Looks like they’ve settled in on black and yellow as their official uniform of the movement.

I guess that’s appropriate since the color scheme is nature’s way of broadcasting that a creature is toxic.

35 Likes