Cops in Woodland, Ca., stand by as "Proud Boys" try to force their way into drag show

Originally published at: Cops in Woodland, Ca., stand by as "Proud Boys" try to force their way into drag show | Boing Boing

16 Likes

37 Likes
62 Likes

Those poor police officers, just imagine how hard it would be to arrest your off-duty friends and co-workers. /s

Please let that be true!!!

52 Likes

“Proud boy” and “proud cut” are interchangeable terms :wink::+1:

30 Likes

Hey you! Stop filming me while I do nothing.

37 Likes

ACAB. That being said, I hope I’m not the only person who has been inserting “Proud Boys” into Dire Straits’ “Les Boys”. I’ve always thought they might be projecting just a smidge.

6 Likes

Words fail me. Bigots and violent malcontents show up at a peaceful event intent on mayhem and the cops … just stand there. America needs to stop handing a badge to anyone with a low IQ who can fog a mirror. Never mind that the police in America have been increasingly infiltrated by far-right ideologues, they literally weed out potential cops based on high intelligence:

Police Thin Blue Line Swastika

53 Likes

Now, what would the cops be doing if a bunch of pissed off drag queens tried to disrupt a proud boys event? :thinking:

43 Likes

Is it in line with official procedure for officers who haven’t even been accepted into the SWAT team to get to sit, wait, act tough? I thought you had to earn that privilege by hassling enough simple possession cases to level up.

6 Likes

That peeling thin blue line is one of the most terrifying graphics I’ve seen yet.

19 Likes

perhaps police shirts should show the district that they belong to…

5 Likes

“Castle Doctrine” applies in California (for better or worse), but does it apply for business owners? I mean, if someone decides to attack you in your place of business, and the cops are just going to stand around, is it a legal defense to stand one’s ground at your establishment? And I’m not even thinking as far along as using a gun.

9 Likes

“Proud Boys? Stand back and stand by!”

10 Likes

Oh, no, the fascists got pepper-sprayed; and the Proud Boys, too.

23 Likes

11 Likes

No it does not. You cannot use lethal force to defend only property. Just people. Castle Doctrine only applies to domiciles. Living space.

9 Likes

She the police department. CA is pretty litigation friendly when it comes to going after public officials.

2 Likes

13 Likes

so it’s OK to march around with torches, check.
it’s ok to intimidate peaceful protesters, check.
it’s ok to storm the capitol, check.
it’s ok to try and KICK THE DOOR in of a private business to get to the people inside, check.
anything these scumbags don’t think they have the right to do?

20 Likes