Proud Boys disrupt "Rainbow Storytime" at an Indiana library

Originally published at: Proud Boys disrupt "Rainbow Storytime" at an Indiana library | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Terrorist assholes terrorizing kids. The police should have arrested the whole group.

46 Likes

American Taliban.

18 Likes

i-choose-violence

12 Likes

Now we all know why they were only “asked” to leave, right?

21 Likes

I agree, but in a state that was run by another white supremacist terrorist organisation in the 1920s and in a country so poisoned by right-wing media and politicians that the DoJ is afraid to call a terrorist a terrorist let’s just say my expectations are lowered.

26 Likes

You do know that they came up with this shit all on their own. These right wing ideas long predate the radicalization of groups like the Taliban. If ANYTHING, I’m guessing groups like the taliban took their influence in part from right wing Christians in the west.

16 Likes

Nah, the Taliban are their own kind of evil.

I prefer Y’all Quaeda or the Y’alliban for these assholes.

5 Likes

Or, you know, good old fashioned American Christian fascists. Or white supremacists. It goes right the fuck back to the founding of the country, if not further, when racist laws were put on the books in late 17th and 18th century.

The only thing calling them the American taliban does is further stigmatize brown people in America who are already treated in a shitty manner. Let’s maybe stop that and focus on the real problem here, which is that there are too many white Christians who embrace fascism in the GOP right now. Muslims have nothing to do with that. It would be like calling them the white NOI. Well, no. Fuck that.

32 Likes

For those who don’t know, South Bend is where Notre Dame is located. Highly educated population that values knowledge. Also, good media coverage. There’s a reason they chose this library over a more rural one (which might also hold such an event, but wouldn’t attract as much attention).

19 Likes

The scary thing is that though the power the KKK had in that state dwindled, they still had a lot of folks in their ranks.
The county just north of where my wife grew up was a stronghold at the time. She also went to HS (she graduated in like 91 or something) with someone who was the granddaughter of a grand dragon.
She told me that when she was a kid, she knew of at least one cross burning.
The Hoosier state is lovely with a lot of nice people. I’ve been there several times in the last 20 years. But I wouldn’t want to live there, and I’ll just leave it at that.

13 Likes

Proud Boys were declared to be an illegal terrorist organisation in New Zealand yesterday

35 Likes

You are correct. Racism and fascism are unique in every place, and these guys are their own kind of monster. Thanks.

10 Likes

Why the “y’all?” Please explain.

3 Likes

Everyone knows that racism only comes from the southern region of the US… otherwise it’s only sparkling hatred…

19 Likes

Proud Boys, The Base, and the Three Percenters have been listed as terrorist organizations in Canada for about a year.

25 Likes

They’re Nazis.

The only truly good Nazi is a reformed Nazi.

The rest of them should be induced to take dirt naps.

5 Likes

NZ listed The Base at the same time

8 Likes

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

10 Likes

“These acts of tolerance will not be tolerated!”

16 Likes