Confused Florida legislator compares trans people to X-Men as if that's a bad thing

Originally published at: Confused Florida legislator compares trans people to X-Men as if that's a bad thing | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I bet this Senator lives in fear of being kidnapped and taken away to a secret island base where a group of extremist LGBTQ people expose him to an experimental superweapon to turn him trans.

29 Likes

Or maybe hoping exactly that will happen.

13 Likes

The massive irony of his statement when there are GOP legislators right now who consider him to be the exact same thing.

11 Likes

I do not believe for a second that this arsehole is trans, but…

If anyone is secretly hoping that they will be turned trans, then I have some good news for them. Their journey has just begun. No one is turned trans, they just are.

Unless they are under the misguided belief that no-one is trans until they have completed treatment, in which case I need to have a long talk with them.

26 Likes

What a stunted life he must live, not understanding the concept of Happy Mutants.

22 Likes

But begin trans or gay is a choice. (/sarcasm) Also I don’t think I could handle talking to these miscreants,

3 Likes

magneto-was-right-logo-B27A2B78E7-seeklogo.com

/s

15 Likes

Jack Kirby:

The X-Men, I did the natural thing there. What would you do with mutants who were just plain boys and girls and certainly not dangerous? You school them. You develop their skills. So I gave them a teacher, Professor X. Of course, it was the natural thing to do, instead of disorienting or alienating people who were different from us, I made the X-Men part of the human race, which they were.

29 Likes

Gotta say, aside from the entirely appropriate razzing of the guy for picking the comic book villain’s side, the guy’s full speech is absolutely vile.

17 Likes

Probably He never read “God Loves, Man Kills.”

8 Likes

Hmmm… less confused, more hateful, I’d argue…

13 Likes

:notes:“You’re a Catholic Trans the moment your dad came…” :notes:

5 Likes

“Every trans is sacred!”

Yeah, I know it’s ‘trans person’ but that didn’t scan :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Professor X: We’re not what you think. Not all of us.
Senator: Tell that to the ones that did this to me!
Professor X: Actually the Brotherhood of Happy Mutants didn’t do anything to you. That big Gizmo Magneto was standing in was just a fancy disco ball on a dance platform.

14 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if these conservative politicians aren’t actually hired actors performing a false flag operation to make conservatives look like comic book villains. Then I realize nope comic book villains are just renderings of conservatives and here we are going full circle.

15 Likes
9 Likes

He looks better without the face.

10 Likes

This is messing with my head right now. Good villains are generally written so you can understand their motives. But Senator Kelly was just a plain genocidal asshole. Zero subtlety, no motivations beyond hate for the other. And actual real-life Republicans were open about what big fans they were.

There’s always this little scrap of me that holds on to the belief that Republicans are just paying lip service to a lot of shit to appease backward-thinking voters.

I need to correct that belief. Genocide is the goal for these assholes, too.

16 Likes

“You are what you pretend to be,”

Me, misquoting terribly.

17 Likes