Congregants allegedly pressured to to sell their own blood and donate the funds to their church

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/19/congregants-allegedly-pressure.html

3 Likes

Heatworming to see evangelical Xtians making common cause with Catholic transubstantiationists. /s

16 Likes

My favourite possible-typo of the season so far.

18 Likes

:smiling_imp:

11 Likes

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
(sleigh bells)

11 Likes

Often with ulterior motives? There is always one underlying motive with anything good a church might do, and that is more money/power/influence to the church. They are not altruistic, they are corporations.

7 Likes

I know there are good people in the world. I do not believe there are good religions. Not when you dig right down to the bedrock of the things and take a good hard look at their bones and the people manipulating them. Some are obviously worse than others; their bones are on display. All of them are horror shows.

But that’s just, like, my opinion.

8 Likes

Are they really Christian?

Blood

7 Likes

The Catholics distribute the blood of Christ at mass, so they’re more on the “supply” side of the equation.

10 Likes

Their biscuits are a bit on the small side and they only let you have one. Catholics: You wouldn’t want them running your buffet.

7 Likes

I thought there were laws against that kind of thing? I mean, I know they can be circumvented to some degree (“we’re not paying for your blood, we’re just paying for your ‘travel expenses’”), but not like this.

2 Likes

If you help them in the distribution, you can have some of the leftovers.

3 Likes

but they’re giving blood so that’s good right? or are these blood banks strictly for profit?

1 Like

Radiolab did an excellent piece on blood banks several years ago.

The take away is that giving blood is good and important, but the business of blood banks is, like so much in our society, far from squeaky clean.

4 Likes

Heatworm:

5 Likes

Sadly, Shai-hulud has become an endangered species due to devestation of the sand-trouts’ natural habitat during the climate catastrophe brought on by generations of over-harvesting followed by well-meaning but misguided attempts by environmental religious extremists to change the face of Arrakis.

3 Likes

tenor-1

3 Likes

This is appalling and so obviously contra-indicated by the Bible itself. (e.g., 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Next up: Kidneys and bone marrow.

2 Likes