Congress certifies Biden's election win

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/congress-certifies-bidens-election-win.html

12 Likes

Remember years when this would have been the top news story all by itself? Heck, the Georgia runoff results got pushed off the front page too. I miss when grown-ups were in charge…

2 Likes

I can’t remember when the electoral vote count was news - it is too routine, an archaic formality. Only this year, it’s newsworthy because of the pseudo-legal challenge to that mundane step.

7 Likes

So how many people ended up contesting the vote?

2 Likes

“Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th,” Trump said in a statement.

Someone had a good talking to. Reading in between the lines, it probably was Pence saying, “Get your shit together or I personally will have you arrested.”

2 Likes

The Senate voted 93 to 6 to dismiss the objection raised by Republicans to Arizona’s results, and 92 to 7 to reject the objection to Pennsylvania.

In the House, a majority of Republicans voted to object to the results, but they were still soundly rejected, 303 to 121 for Arizona and 282 to 138 for Pennsylvania, with all Democrats in opposition.

So, a little under 75% of the House voted against a coup. Hoofuckingray.

And as far as the rest are concerned, no harm, no foul, whatever, we’re done here.

4 Likes

Most of them. Loeffler and Lankford and one or two others retreated, but none of the others were able to find their souls, even though they spent a few tense minutes searching under their desks.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.