GA Senate Run-off races round up

:woman_shrugging:

19 Likes

Getting a strong Weekend At The Perdues vibe from Mrs. Perdue.

perdue (Fr.):
adj: Being on a forlorn hope; sent on a desperate enterprise.
noun: One who is morally lost or abandoned.

13 Likes

I read this as “round UP”, as in the numbers will round up to the nearest hundred or whatever.

But I watch this event with great interest. And worry.

6 Likes

Here are the debates… well, one debate and one forum for Jon Ossoff to answer questions…

[ETA] Every time that Loeffler says Warnock’s name, she says “radical liberal”… either it’s the word of the day or a drinking game…

14 Likes

Screaming the quiet part at the top of your lungs…

17 Likes

Newton Leroy Gingrich nee’ McPherson
resigned in disgrace after being reprimanded by the house in a 395 to 28 vote and had to pay back $300,000 in 1998 dollars due to his malfeasance.

He divorced his wife when she was in this hospital for cancer surgery. And claims to be converted to Catholicism but is twice divorced and living in sin with his third spouse.

Does anyone in Georgia give a crap what he says? I mean the ones who still remember when he was in office?

Oh - and Georgians - he was born in Pennsylvania. You know you can’t trust those people when elections are involved.

12 Likes
9 Likes

Hey Kelly and David…

derry-girls-michelle-mull-this

Don’t fuck with my babies’ right to vote, you ghouls.

11 Likes

I actually do find it at least somewhat plausible that Loeffler didn’t know or recognize the guy she was posing with was a KKK leader. But of course that’s not the real issue, is it?

The real issue is if the KKK is supporting your side then you’re doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

12 Likes

I’m sure there’s no reason whatsoever why “segregate” came to his mind instead of, say, “separate”.

10 Likes

I wonder if the Purdue campaign has a sock puppet account named “Jim Crow” to like those tweets…

4 Likes

And this is why we’re voting in person, early. Fuck this racist scum.

11 Likes

McConnell reportedly urged Republican senators to support another round of direct payments because Loeffler and Perdue were “getting hammered” for the monthslong delay in aid, like direct payments, for Americans.

Happy Toddlers And Tiaras GIF

9 Likes

I made a song to get Democrats inspired to go to the polls in Georgia, the chorus melody came to me when I was volunteering and someone said “we’ve gotta get that vote”. I think it’s pretty catchy, hopefully it can help!

This is a new throwaway account so unfortunately I can’t post links, but if you paste this after “youtube dot com,” it should get you there:

watch?v=p0HqKY-DRUA

3 Likes

3/2 odds it’s a Rick roll.

4 Likes

I swear it’s not! Please give it one shot and tell me if “you’ve gotta get that vote” isn’t stuck in your head by the end

5 Likes

I took a look. It’s not a rick roll. I posted the link for @GetThatVote, who should hang around with us after January.

7 Likes

Thank you! I’d love to keep hanging around :slight_smile: I’ve been a Boing Boing reader for a long time, but I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never had an account until now

5 Likes

I took a look. I was just razzing you. :grinning:

4 Likes

Haha, since I’m brand new I didn’t blame you for second-guessing my “I’ve never been here but copy and paste this random link” reply :smile:

6 Likes