Congressional Science Committee tweets link to Breitbart climate denial by self-confessed bullshit artist

It’s comments like this that make me wish I was still comfortable posting gifs from Fat Albert. Another thing ruined by rapey Uncle Pudding Pops.

13 Likes

Please stop feeding it…

1 Like

You can’t feed a dead horse, but you can certainly beat it!*
*I highly discourage the beating of dead horses, even if they are named @Ion @Country_Club_Republican.

EDIT: The first troll I named isn’t dead yet, I accept my mistake and give you permission to hose me.

11 Likes

I love this. The old “we aren’t racist or bigoted - you just don’t have any sense of humor” argument.

I am perfectly capable of laughing at racist and bigoted jokes even when I’m the butt of it - but the thing is it has to have some context framing it as a joke or some sort of satire. It’s a fine line and if it really is some sort of humor site - well, you could have fooled me and I love dark humor. I am a firm believer that some of the best humor also has an uncomfortable element to it. But it is very easy to get wrong and then it’s not funny at all - it’s just racist and bigoted.

When all you do is publish horrible stories about horrible things then the so-called punchline ceases to exist.

22 Likes

/turns down the Internationale.

What you say?

15 Likes

@TailOfTruth
@crenquis

Make Boing Boing great again!

13 Likes

What!?
You mean it isn’t?

I’m clearly in the wrong place.

19 Likes

I, for one, an looking forward to an end of politicized science of this sort! Drain the swamp!

7 Likes

Not very coy:

8 Likes

The term was coined by a white nationalist. It has never meant anything else.

23 Likes

Sorry, sir! It keeps filling in with rising seawater… You can’t explain that!

22 Likes

Because we are Cultural Marxists. You claim to be a long-time reader and don’t know THAT?!? Sad!

16 Likes

A term that is itself a euphemism for a white supremacist. Which is in turn a euphemism for the goddamned fucking Klan.

It took 'em 150 years to pull it off, but the KKK are back in charge.

22 Likes

I think Inhofe needs some homework assignments. How about summarizing the first page of results from Google for the following phrases:

1. bible stewardship
  2. West Virginia strip mining
  3. three gorges dam before and after

Then let him explain who the arrogant people are.

9 Likes

Tide goes in, tide goes out…

4 Likes

Sorry, I came here not to feed the trolley, but to bury him…

Yeah, well, I did say parts of the movement that went mainstream got coy. And by “coy,” I mean not explicitly saying, “Yeah, we’re racists.” Although Breitbart wasn’t even all that coy about it, really. Most weren’t that subtle, obviously, which makes claiming that alt-right is anything but white supremacist is total, obvious, bullshit.

4 Likes

“Little Brother” book report?

4 Likes

stomps off

4 Likes

Not directly related, but I read in several publications in the last few days that Merkel is now the last “leader of the free world”. I mean, what the fuck happened. What the fuck.

11 Likes

Canada’s still got your back, free world.

13 Likes