Congressional Science Committee tweets link to Breitbart climate denial by self-confessed bullshit artist

Nonetheless, it seemed to me that the term was also embraced by the likes of gamergaters, PUAs, chauvinists, the more odious type of Libertarian, and others who didn’t necessarily give a shit about white nationalism. It’s only recently that the racist underpinnings have been made entirely explicit. I can’t find a link now, but I think it was a Stormfront leader who triumphantly announced that white nationalists had finally fully claimed the alt-right label. Sort of like reclaiming the Confederate flag from Dukes of Hazzard fans.

5 Likes

All of which are groups with a strong tendency to be racist as fuck. Recruiting them to full jackboot level wasn’t hard.

15 Likes

9 Likes

Then it will be great twice.

8 Likes

I too, have marveled at this “post factual” convergence between the political left and right.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be…“Make Boing Boing great great again,” then?

3 Likes

Strictly speaking, I think the US is in the trailing position again with Trump. Just look at the former Canadian PM, Stephen Harper, who was some sort of ridiculous mash-up of the most politically terrible parts of GWB, Cheney, and Trump.

2 Likes

— Googling “Canadian war on science,” is an exercise left to the reader.

1 Like

Okay, I’m no fan of Harper, but I have to stand up in his defense on this one.

Harper, against his own stated views, refused to let his majority government pass a law against abortion (which probably would have passed), and wasn’t nearly stupid enough to try to gut Canadian health care.

Yes, he was an awful Prime Minister, gutting science, being generally a war-hawk, and (especially in that last election) fomenting anti-immigrant sentiment. But I think that calling his politics as bad as Dubya, Cheney, and Trump combined is going a bit too far.

1 Like

Proverbs 27:18 “Whoever tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who guards his master will be honored.”

Screw up the environment, and the springtime will be short, the harvest pitiful. Cold and heat would be worse.

5 Likes

This is my approach as well: use the Bible to point out that they’re supposed to protect the Earth as commanded by their god in the Book of Genesis.

8 Likes

They’re likely to just reply with Dominionism, unfortunately.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.