Congressman Gerry Connolly's staffers were attacked with a baseball bat in district office

Originally published at: Congressman Gerry Connolly's staffers were attacked with a baseball bat in district office | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Some guard was asleep at the wheel.

6 Likes

The “individual” was arrested?

17 Likes

Or some guard knew what was about to happen and was part of the plan. Sorry, but Hanlon’s Razor broke on January 6th 2021.

14 Likes

maybe because it was his district office?

3 Likes

The incident occurred at Connolly’s office on Main St. in Fairfax, according to a tweet from city police

You are correct.

3 Likes

At a small district office, it’s very likely there was no guard. Far-right domestic terrorism may become the next excuse for a hiring surge in private security tho…

19 Likes

i’m glad it wasn’t a gun, but jeez, a BAT?

8 Likes

I wish the staffers a speedy recovery and hope that as state employees all their healthcare is covered.

Barring mental health issues, the attacker is a coward and i hope they rot in jail.

4 Likes

Right wing terrorism.

17 Likes

The likelihood of this guy having a MAGA hat in his house is rather high…

16 Likes

Whatever his mental state, there’s a good chance this was a stochastic terrorism incident.

20 Likes

Most likely he’s just an asshole.

2 Likes

… you know, one of them “lone wolfs” :wolf:

16 Likes

That and desatan throwing his political weight behind the murderer let me think this side show ain’t over.

Also, something about a governor supporting such an act gives me the spins.

4 Likes

No doubt the crypto-fascist right are stocking up on brown shirts as we speak…

1 Like

khakis and polos.

9 Likes

Sure, but who do you think the private security draws their candidates from?

3 Likes

“It was just a scheduled tour that got out of hand.”

4 Likes

Connolly is a US Representative. I believe his staffers would be federal employees. Regardless, they should have good insurance. I would think this would be worker’s comp, though, no?

3 Likes