Conservative Christian man writes about his displeasure at Disney World's new inclusivity policy allowing cast members to "express themselves"

The problem is, I’m not traveling across the country and paying thousands of dollars to watch someone I do not know express themselves.

But that’s exactly what you’re doing. Those fantasies don’t come out of thin air, they come out of people expressing themselves.

18 Likes

I assume he simply has no freaking clue what it even means to have to refrain from expressing oneself at work.

I’d lay down good money that he wears a wedding band, but it probably never occurred to him that he’s broadcasting his sexual orientation and relationship status when he does so.

29 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

12 Likes

but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business.

So you’re just jealous, then. Got it.

12 Likes

From the article:

More broadly, like many corporations, Disney has been politicizing its business. Full disclosure: I am a Christian and a conservative Republican, so the people who run Disney and I do not see eye to eye.

Translation of the disclosure based on how he expressed himself in the article: “I am a Christian (except for all that ‘love thy neighbor’ nonsense) and a conservative Republican (who gets called an asshole at least three times a day by people with whom I interact)”

Disney World is going to lose us as customers if it continues down this path.

Oh, I have a feeling they’ll lose you as a customer after they ban you from the park for yelling at the performers and other guests the next time you visit.

I can take my tourist dollars elsewhere.

Promise?

25 Likes

Dude claims to be a “Christian conservative,” lives in Las Vegas, and vacations exclusively via Disney. Every single aspect and minute of his life is immersion and fantasy. Pathetic.

He’s right about tattoos, though. So gross.

4 Likes

30 Likes

I remember that Disney’s dress code also banned facial hair and only allowed a fairly narrow range of hair styles.

3 Likes

Maybe you should work for Disney, Mr. Christian Conservative Republican Guy. I hear they allow you to express your individuality.

24 Likes

It’s been gradually relaxed over a period of years, starting with small mustaches and then short beards. Right now the only criteria for facial hair is “neatly trimmed.”

6 Likes

I’m trying to work out what an inclusive haircut is and why he would care about it. Someone with “Down with Trump” shaved into the back of his head?

It can’t just be black people with their hair unrelaxed, can it?

2 Likes

As usual, this guy proves that “Conservative Christian” is an oxymoron.

5 Likes

So many contemptible things with this letter have already been commented on here but

What’s next, is Disney going to end the rule barring on stage cellphone use by cast members as an infringement on self-expression.

I can’t stand when people write questions without a question mark at the end.

5 Likes

A demonstration:

5 Likes

I wonder if Disney is just having trouble finding enough people willing to work there who are willing to commit to the lifestyle 24/7 or cover tattoos, wear a wig, etc. for the pay.

12 Likes

This dude’s “family” is a collection of hand made dolls with human hair.

2 Likes

Let’s hope we don’t lose our hard-won freedoms.

5 Likes

and skin.

3 Likes

Sure, it can…

17 Likes