Conservative commentator: trans people will replace humanity with 'New Species' that's 'Human and Part Machine'

If I hadn’t already suspected there was a good chance he’s a Friend of Dorothy, this kind of clinches it.

13 Likes

Almost spit out my tea at this line.

7 Likes

Oh yes. There seem to be a number of such academics in Canada who feel the need to project their personal insecurities onto trans people; and to attempt to control us.

It would make an excellent case study.

10 Likes

Machine and animal parts! CONFIRMED! Straight people run for the hills!

17 Likes

Please please please let Contrapoints do a video on this! That would be awesome.

4 Likes

OK, busted, the Agenda is actually just to find awesome ways to cover the rest of you in glitter.

16 Likes

Ingraham asks: “And the new species will be looking like what? Will be part human part animal? I mean, will be human mostly…”

As usual, furries are way ahead of y’all in thinking about this.

21 Likes

Ex-TERF FTM is a thing, so why not Ex-MRA MTF? Maybe they could be like Blaire White and just not bother with the ex part?

6 Likes

To be fair to Haraway: her cyborgs were less about transhumanism, than recognizing that humans have already been cyborgs for quite a lot of time, and contemplating what that does to perspective (e.g., the perspective of a scientist).

4 Likes

Ain’t no policing like gender policing, cause gender policing don’t stop.

8 Likes

Does Ingraham know that most animals have biological sexes? I imagine that a large percentage of them aren’t really capable of being transgender as they don’t have gender as a construct. How would a human-wolf be less gendered or even differently gendered than a human?

I mean, when I read the part about a new species I assumed it meant a new species, one that resembles humans but is not human; artificial evolution. But I guess Ingraham might not “believe” in evolution.

4 Likes

You just haven’t seen the right one yet…

9 Likes

Read Gregory Maguire’s Out of OZ. (after you have read at least Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, if not the whole tetrology :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

“I want to look like my avatar without needing a suit”, the eternal dream.

7 Likes

Geting extra cyborgy in a Harawayian sense here, but transgender ecologist Joan Roughgarden’s book Evolution’s Rainbow: Diversity, Gender and Sexuality in Nature and People examines sex-gender differences in non-human animals. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here
Xenofeminism: A Politics For Alienation
Freedom is not a given–and it’s certainly not given by anything ‘natural’. […] Anyone who’s been deemed ‘unnatural’ in the face of reigning biological norms, anyone who’s experienced injustices wrought in the name of natural order, will realize that the glorification of ‘nature’ has nothing to offer us–the queer and trans among us, the differently-abled, as well as those who have suffered discrimination due to pregnancy or duties connected to child-rearing. XF is vehemently anti-naturalist. Essentialist naturalism reeks of theology–the sooner it is exorcised, the better.
[…]
Our lot is cast with technoscience, where nothing is so sacred that it cannot be reengineered and transformed so as to widen our aperture of freedom, extending to gender and the human.

4 Likes

I already do, suckers!
Well, mostly…

10 Likes

I’d say he’d qualify as ‘part human’.

1 Like

To quote John Stewart…

16 Likes

I know I’ve got more than my fair share of titanium inside due to injuries.

Titanium Woman or Titania for my super villain name? Voting is open.

14 Likes