Conspiracy-minded cartophiles spot massive hidden doorway in Antarctica

Originally published at: Conspiracy-minded cartophiles spot massive hidden doorway in Antarctica - Boing Boing

6 Likes

11 Likes

I thought the Fortress of Solitude was at the other pole, next to Santa’s Workshop?

14 Likes

This is how you get shoggoths, you know.

9 Likes

They found it!

13 Likes

Mountains of Madness…Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!..Every incident of that four-and-a-half-hour flight is burned into my recollection because of its crucial position in my life. It marked my loss, at the age of fifty-four, of all that peace and balance which the normal mind possesses through its accustomed conception of external Nature and Nature’s laws. Thenceforward the ten of us - but the student Danforth and myself above all others - were to face a hideously amplified world of lurking horrors which nothing can erase from our emotions, and which we would refrain from sharing with mankind in general if we could…

ETA:
Now, if someone also finds a hidden doorway in the desert of Araby…

12 Likes

And the five little black things nearby? Those are the capybaras they let out daily to graze.

10 Likes

Clearly it is a crashed TARDIS

Matt Smith Tardis GIF by Doctor Who

11 Likes

exactly!
i came in to say that! :grin:

5 Likes

Wait until someone finds out that rocks can be roughly rectangular in shape!

8 Likes

6 Likes

Hail Eris

7 Likes

It doesn’t even look like a doorway if you spend more than two seconds examining it. Technology has progressed to where there’s almost not enough ambiguity left in these images to fuel kooks’ imaginations. Whoever milked a conspiracy out of this barely-questionable image must have been pretty desperate for attention.

8 Likes

Hail yes.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Looks more like snow to me. :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

ba-dum-tihss
{Whenever hail is predicted by the forecasters, Ah alwayes put owan a Texas acceynt and say, “Aw, hail [Anglicé, hell]!”}

4 Likes

How long were you alone with that dog?

1 Like

1 Like