Guy goes urban spelunking, finds fully stocked underground safe house

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/05/05/guy-goes-urban-spelunking-fin.html

4 Likes

Where? I’m having video issues, so I don’t know if he says so in the video or not.

3 Likes

From the Cyrillic (?) labels, probably not in the USA.

8 Likes

I hope he checked for feral ghouls. I’ve played enough Fallout 4 to know that’s exactly the kind of place they like to hang out.

27 Likes

Darn! I was hoping it was somewhere in Detroit or nearby.

8 Likes

I notice the place has power already; if there’s water, move the heck in!

5 Likes

I think a Russian hideout under Detroit would be big news.

Besides, Detroit has its salt mines:

14 Likes

I know about that. Never been there, though I do remember they had tours.
Thanks!

5 Likes

I know I saw a Stealth Boy on the table where he charged up the dials with his flashlight. Maybe his sneak was leveled up.

6 Likes

Better if you mute the bad 90’s computer game soundtrack.

1 Like

3 Likes

The soundtrack needs some Doom sfx: doors opening/closing in the distance, mutant demons growling…

5 Likes

good place to get some thinking done.

Talking Heads / Cities

7 Likes

I wish there was a more obvious, standard link to source material on Boingboing posts. I feel like I’m always struggling to find it. As far as I can tell, the only way is if the author links to it somewhere in the post. A lot of blogs have a standard “source” link at the end-- would be a great addition here.

13 Likes

I really wish that he’d spent less time with the fisheye lens and cliched “spooky” soundtrack and a bit more in close-ups of the posters on the walls; it might have verified what the real purpose of the place was. (You can use a bomb shelter as a safe house, but they’re not really the same thing.)

8 Likes

I just figured that the texture maps weren’t high enough resolution to allow the player to read the posters.

16 Likes

Did it have a “Dharma Initiative” logo? If so, go far, far away.

5 Likes

all fun and games until the alarms go off.

4 Likes

A Russian hideout under Detroit isn’t normal, but under Trump it is.

6 Likes

My money is on viral teaser for some ARG

6 Likes