Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

8 Likes
8 Likes

Entire populations of stupid people.

17 Likes

Should be pretty trivial when you have the power of the presidency.

6 Likes

24 Likes

You knowā€¦ maybe instead of trying to lock shit down and keep the ā€œevil Russiansā€ from getting our preciousessss, they should just openly share it with them and anyone else who wants it!!! People are fucking dying!

20 Likes

True, if their aim is to make it themselves and not to sabotage the efforts of western countries to develop one. It sucks I even have to think this way, but it is 2020.

21 Likes

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s probably both. I donā€™t doubt the Russians are looking to be disruptive, but I doubt they want to piss off and kill their own populations either.

Nonetheless, at some point, someone needs to be the adults and just turn what they learn out to public domain, for the good of humanity.

14 Likes

That doesnā€™t seem to be a concern of theirs, oddly.

3 Likes

This story has it all. Imprudent public gathering, over consumption of alcohol, a gun, a bit of privilege, and someone blowing off quarantine while awaiting a covid-19 test result.

13 Likes

To a self-important [expletive deleted], there is no difference between ā€˜giveā€™ and ā€˜refrain from stealingā€™.

5 Likes

Maybe, maybe notā€¦ you can only go too far in sacrificing your own supporters and population before they start to turn on you. Even authoritarian regimes need a base of support, or theyā€™ll get thrown out on their ass. If Russians who have thus far been content to let Putin stick it to the liberals, Ukrainians, and the LGBQT+ community in Russia for their own comfort, if they start dying in large numbers or start losing jobs, etc, they can and will turn on him.

5 Likes

Yanko Design can crank out designs that are sometimes over the top but this face shield looks reasonable. Iā€™d wear one.

https://www.yankodesign.com/2020/07/16/this-face-shield-was-designed-to-be-a-functional-and-fashionable-barrier-between-your-hands-and-face/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

12 Likes

Itā€™s Trump who keeps asking if thereā€™s any way to make a potential COVID-19 vaccine ā€œU.S. only,ā€ so I suspect that the ā€œRussian hackingā€ is largely a product of his fevered imagination, or of the hackers ā€œstealingā€ data that the researchers would be only too happy to share.

2 Likes

and of course, why would he care about that

probably he means to further monopolize it so it financially benefits his family and his cronies

12 Likes

How many vaccine patents will be filed under trump properties?

3 Likes

wouldnā€™t put that past them, but Iā€™d expect more ā€œdo me a favor thoughā€ stuff with government contracts

4 Likes

Where are the nostril filters?

6 Likes
11 Likes

Itā€™s looks really nice. A futuristic but not over the top design, and because itā€™s made from polycarbonate it could be also used as a protective face shield for grinding with only slight modifications.

Thatā€™s high octane nightmare fuel :rofl:

Itā€™s better in the countries where masks are mandatory. Here in Poland they are required for more than two months, so my 3M 6300 series mask doesnā€™t attract any attention. Surprisingly, shopping in full-face gasmask didnā€™t attract much attention too:

7 Likes