Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

8 Likes

Iā€™m in Durham, NC and I believe we have had a continuous face covering requirement since late March or early April. Yet Iā€™ve only seen one other actual respirator out in the wild. Which baffles me, as I find them much less uncomfortable to wear. If only we could convince the covidiots that this is simply the More Manly Mask. Perhaps if they were available in camouflage?

8 Likes

Hoffman is our one statewide Democrat.

14 Likes

Covidiot gets pepper sprayed by grocery store worker

17 Likes

Hope they billed him for the milk

17 Likes

donald-glover-good

16 Likes

Iā€™m wondering what 45 will do next if schools reopen and classes are as well-attended as his rally in Tulsa. :thinking:

13 Likes

Holy shit, they are actually contemplating this!

This is the Trolley Experiment in real life, man.

21 Likes

sounds like the meeting was on whether school should reopen and if kids should wear masks at school?

reading some of the quotes from the parents, i guess my takeaway is that schools obviously never helped them socialize, empathize, or learn much at all about the way the world works. so open or closed, the schools wonā€™t matter much for the kids either. :confused:

14 Likes

The Sun is baking peopleā€™s brains.

6 Likes

itā€™s so maddening. people saying things like

Parents, he believes, should choose whether their children wear a covering or not. ā€œI donā€™t like government mandates,ā€ ( republican representative ) Lee said to claps and whistles from the crowd

you donā€™t like government mandates, and yet isnā€™t school itself a government mandate? not only are kids compelled to go to school, the whole structure of schooling is controlled by law.

i just donā€™t get it.

21 Likes

Just add the masks to the school uniform.

4 Likes

And then thereā€™s this asshole:

This is in a city that makes a big deal about high tech and NASA and STEM this and STEM that and weā€™re the Rocket City, so one would think that maybe, just maybe, thereā€™s a little more sense in the populace at large, but NOPE.

Huntsville also canā€™t get over its latent racism enough to remove the Confederate memorial in front the courthouse, but thatā€™s a different threadā€¦

18 Likes

Deeper dive into immunity, covid and herd immunity

Pretty nerdtastic, honestly.

18 Likes

Thereā€™s a version of the Trolley Experiment where the options are to choose between 10 people or three million, and you turn the decision over to the illiterate dotard wastrel son of a slum-lord klansman?

17 Likes

And we now have the first person in our circle of friends who has a likely case of COVID-19. We havenā€™t seen them since before the lockdown, but we have relatives who have spent time with them (distanced, with masks) just prior to the likely infectious window. Everyoneā€™s getting tested who had possible exposure. :crossed_fingers:

22 Likes

Seems that with all of these full screen face shields would be a great chance to have a heads up display

6 Likes
13 Likes

25 Likes

Just had my first as well. Sheā€™s somewhere in her twenties and pulled through without too much difficulty, no hospitalization or such. Hopefully no lasting effects.

17 Likes