Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Two dead in my extended circle, but so far as I know no one else has had a confirmed case. One the mother of one of my mother’s friends (90s, nursing home), but also a friend’s father (70s?). The former confirmed, the latter very early in (April?) and no testing available, but all the symptoms.

12 Likes

This is how stupid this has become…

I can’t even… I need about six months off of this planet just to try to get my head back in order.

22 Likes

Then I found this.

27 Likes

Austin L. Sherper, 24, of Whitefish,

There it is again.

eta: It’s tiny but must be composed of dense Trans-Floridium elements!

5 Likes

Nobody I know personally has gotten sick yet, but my doctor has identified a couple of cases in her office. She also works an evening shift at the main hospital in TJ, so she has a very good idea how things are. As the pandemic wears on, she’s gone from simple PPE to a plastic shield around her desk to now maintaining everyone wait outside and admitting them one at a time. I think she also has a cutoff number of patients she’ll see in a day because of increased demand.

19 Likes

One of my co-workers is very sick. Her adult daughter got sick first. I worry about her because she has high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

21 Likes
22 Likes
11 Likes

I deserve my time back after reading what she has to say for herself, but we can’t always get what we want now, can we Karen?

26 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Tell them even random strangers on the internet hope that it turns out well for them, and feel their personal struggle. (And not only because it is possible that we will go through the same.)

I mean it. Go tell them you mentioned, and people do take notice. Even while everyone stares at a new “record number”, they do count, as individuals.

14 Likes

Morning piece of bitter amusement:

I think I would like to see this hearing. Anyone knows if there is a video somewhere?

Please note that I am not in the slightest for blame games. But we need to learn from our errors, and those who made the errors need to take responsibility.

9 Likes

OFFS,

Banning singing and chanting effectively bans worship? They read a very different bible than I do.

Also

Antimask / racist Venn diagram approaches a circle. Add in MAGAts and you don’t change the shape much.

25 Likes

Is it actually, though?

4 Likes

tenor (34)

21 Likes

I don’t know. I’d love to see the majority of states call their bluff, because defunding public education which so many people do rely on would turn out much worse than they expect.

11 Likes

It also doesn’t really seem like it was designed for a person with breasts to wear, does it? At least not comfortably.

5 Likes

Research into mask coatings, with actual virus.

“We thought we had a very secure source of personal protective equipment like masks, having them produced by our good American friends next door, but sometimes other priorities emerge and the sharing doesn’t happen as equitably as we expected.

So many swear words in the sub-text!

19 Likes

20 Likes

Hey @docosc some local news:

You probably already know this.

(lol can you imagine if they did this for STDs?)

14 Likes
16 Likes