Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Yesterday, I was talking with someone who had been following debate within my former school district. She mentioned they are struggling with obligations to be open a minimum number of days per year. Not sure if that’s included in regulations, contracts, funding rules, or some combination of the three.

This made me wonder about students who had first-hand experience with defunded districts because of mandatory busing programs during the '70s and '80s.

8 Likes

Read? 

10 Likes

Welp, that should increase sales of those Depend® products!
:grimacing:
Is it too late to buy stocks? :thinking:

7 Likes

One tiny thing that’s interesting about this poll “do you wear a mask in the shops” (it’s not yet mandatory here but it will be very soon) is that it allows a “I can’t wear a mask” option.

Out of the 8,000 responses 81 of them self declare as unable to wear a mask. I’ll take those odds, 1 in 800 people not wearing a mask is a trivial number. Currently I see masks in shops in Dublin as being over 3/4 of people but I guess the number is lower elsewhere in the country…

10 Likes

I think that was pretty obvs from the start. GA and FL both have done this in a very naked manner not even trying to hide the fact that the admins in Augusta and Tallahassee are fucking over the working class.
Now, factor in (in Kemp’s case) trying to rope ATL Mayor Lance-Bottoms into a legal imbroglio as a thinly veiled attempt to smear a very possible Biden VP candidate and he gets extra brownie points from his god-emporer. Shameless.

16 Likes

The halls at Arizona State U would be empty!

5 Likes

And yet another example of how the American government is screwing the public by burning bridges with allies developing new technology to fight the pandemic…

10 Likes

An empty campus?

But yeah, we have been doing a lot of covid tests for college entry. Enough that turn around has gone from 24 hours to 3-4 days. VaTech and JMU are also requiring a negative test within a 10 day period prior to return.

14 Likes

Memories…

Screenshot_20200717-100123

It was, of course, a lie then, too.

18 Likes

Just imagine what it would do to the White House.

“Mother, there is a perfectly rational explanation for why I have exactly the same strain of Chlamydia as the pool boy…”

13 Likes

You could try this but i don’t know if it’ll work outside the UK…

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/c4b7d5c2-5227-4679-ae41-dad08753193a

The killer line came when Vallance insisted Sage had recommended an immediate total lockdown on 16 March. A bit late in the day possibly, given the rate of infection in the UK was increasing exponentially and that dozens of other countries had already introduced lockdowns, but still a good week before Boris could be bothered to getting round to doing anything about it. But then jockey club director, Dido Harding – soon to be chief executive of the track and trace system – had wanted the Cheltenham festival to go ahead and it would have been a shame for Carrie Symonds to have had to cancel her baby shower at Chequers. So all in all, it was probably worth the 20,000 extra deaths the week’s delay entailed.

We know this but it doesn’t make it any less infuriating, upsetting, callous, cruel…

8 Likes
17 Likes

Another one for the protest sign hall of fame:

29 Likes

FTFY.

5 Likes

Why on earth would we want to hear from the experts when a Very Stable Genius ™ says it’s all under control and we are fine?

20 Likes

tl;dr: WDKS

19 Likes
8 Likes

…and our friend tested negative, so that’s good news.

24 Likes

We really need some very good musicians with a famous producer and a huge label/distributor to make a top-ten hit out of this.
Or a random person on the internet, with a legion of peeps to make it viral (pun intended).

7 Likes

Today’s Responsible Gun Owner™️

28 Likes