Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Trump the Covid-cuck, part whatever.

11 Likes

Meanwhile Iā€™ve received a notice that I have to do Federal jury duty. If I call in and am supposed to go, says to report to the jury assembly room. Not a single goddamn sentence about the pandemic or masks being required or any accommodations for the fact that itā€™s a terrible fucking idea to bring dozens if not hundreds of random strangers into an indoor room together. My call-in period doesnā€™t start until September, which isnā€™t really enough time for things to get better, but plenty of time for things to get worse.

If it were local courts I know the songs and dances to postpone but my instinct is do not fuck with feds and especially with who is in charge I donā€™t expect any reasonableness. Iā€™m both livid and filled with a sense of impending doom.

24 Likes

Donā€™t forget your hazmat suit.

10 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Possible infection/transmission of a highly contagious and deadly disease seems like a good reason to be excused from JD. :man_shrugging:

No mask. No service.

11 Likes
18 Likes

What the actual fuck is wrong with some people?

17 Likes

At least he didnā€™t tell them a yacht orgy story

19 Likes

ā€œThe airline will pay medical expenses up to ā‚¬150,000 ($173,000) and quarantine costs of up to ā‚¬100 for 14 days, should they be diagnosed with the coronavirus during their travel, while away from home.ā€

ā€œThe cover will be available to all customers, at no extra cost, from now until October 31, 2020. Itā€™s valid for 31 days from the moment they fly the first leg of their trip, so passengers can continue to have the benefit even if they travel onwards from their Emirates destination.ā€

Will they pay for your funeral?

15 Likes

Remember the meat packing cases all around the world? Including Germany?

Turns out the cold conditions with a closed ventilation are perfect for superspreading events. They could trace infections brought in by the index case transmitted over a distance of up to eight meters.

Try Google translate. It should bring the gist of this interview across. The guy interviewed is the head of the group which did the study.

No paper yet, as far as I can see.

15 Likes

Looks like the loss of smell symptom is thankfully not due to nerve damage but due to the blood supply being compromised to the olfactory nerves. Good news is that you do get your sense of smell back. Other neurological symptoms may be caused by covid attacking the blood vessels and not the nerves.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200724141027.htm

16 Likes

https://www.mediamatters.org/sinclair-broadcast-group/sinclair-gives-plandemic-conspiracy-theorists-platform-spread-their-lies

18 Likes
6 Likes

Ok, I steeled myself and looked up the website for the court. There is a covid questionnaire which looks to screen out for symptoms, ordered quarantines, etc. so thatā€™s good.

This page has orders relating to the pandemic including requiring masks, but dang is that buried. I just find it really alarming that they couldnā€™t have put that order or a summary in the letter they sent out. Iā€™m still not happy about having to be indoors with lots of strangers but it looks like they are at least trying to go by general guidelines.

10 Likes

I heard Hunter Biden created COVID-19 /s

6 Likes

She says ā€œhealing microbes in the oceanā€, I say itā€™s a big bowl of fish poop soup.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Two reasons why people donā€™t want to return to work are (1) the lack of a Universal Basic Income supported by a higher target amount for a living wage, and (2) rising COVID-19 infection rates that are making intelligent people wary of returning to work.
This has nothing to do with being lazy. The GOP is simply trotting out the old lie about welfare queens.

20 Likes