Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Ah, but over the same time period, we’ve added 1.5 Billion Starbucks.

11 Likes
14 Likes

I guess the air marshals and agencies maintaining the no fly list are too busy harassing protesters, right? I’m sure the airlines have no problems enforcing their policies without help. :roll_eyes: Even if they required a form signed by a physician, folks like this would find one to do their bidding.

16 Likes

That would be claimed to be retribution.

Sinclair is forcing its stations to run a commentary segment that’s essentially a Trump campaign ad June 20, 2019, Pam Vogel, Media Matters

3 Likes
5 Likes

Or some other self serving lie. Why worry about it?

1 Like

Bill Gates debunks ‘coronavirus vaccine is my 5G mind control microchip implant’ conspiracy theory

In an interview with CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell, Gates was highly critical of the USA’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, saying that lack of leadership and opening before infections were falling have led to the nation having among the world’s worst responses.

8 Likes

He also better have a damn compelling reason to be flying, too. That’s not covered under HIPPA. If it’s not essential travel, they should have kicked him off the flight.

6 Likes

Hopefully it was rougher than he’ll admit to.

4 Likes

Plus, he’s actually committing federal fraud by falsely claiming ADA/HIPAA protection. It’s punishable by both a fine AND time in a federal prison.

12 Likes

The airports should have a non-flying plane to load up pre-flight, in order for anti-maskers to expose their true mission, and then just move everybody over to the REAL flight, leaving the anti-masker stuck behind.
A little more time needed for a plane dedicated to the task, but could save a lot of time and a lot of frustration for the compliant travelers.

I mean, not really, but there’s gotta be a way to avoid time-consuming anti-mask shenanigans.

9 Likes

Every other passenger could cough on him.

8 Likes

Can this administration get any dumber?..

qRTSpnp

20 Likes

Sinclair only exists because Reagan and Clinton deregulated the radio and TV industries.

Broadcasters once had to offer time for opponents to refute blatant propaganda, and it was illegal for one person or company to own dozens of stations and transmitters. There is nothing stopping elected officials from putting the old rules back in place. They would just have to choose to do it.

18 Likes

He endured hard times…

15 Likes

Perfect.

giphy

18 Likes

Somehow they agreed to a truce.

15 Likes

I will buy him, with my own money, an adult cassowary.

51IgMfuJCJL.SX342_QL70_ML2

17 Likes

Fun facts about the presidential rheas, called Emas in Brazil: These birds are kept in the palace gardens due to the presence of snakes. Rheas eat snakes.

Some veterinarians and biologists say that these animals generally do not attack humans. There are records of these creatures attacking the dogs of former presidents Dilma Roussef and Michel Temer. People say that the dogs liked to tease the poor rheas.

I’ve never seen a rhea in my life, just another bird with a similar name, but not related to it.

15 Likes

I saw both, semi-tame (the rhea was a juvenile) hanging around a lodge I stayed at outside of Bonito. We killed a bunch of hand-sized spiders that had infiltrated my room after our guide said they were venomous, and the Seriema immediately recognized the sound of sandals striking concrete and raced over to be fed the dead spiders.

The other cool thing about them:

13 Likes