Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Defnitely. I am just not familiar with German media. There’s absolutely no excuse for attending such event, especially when nazi connotations are pointed out by media.

5 Likes

I wish I could say that it was due to border bleed, but nope.

12 Likes
19 Likes

Yeah with the push to reopen schools, a lot of kids are going to lose their parents, in many cases being the one to transmit the virus to them. I’m not sure how that is being missed in the whole “what if kids/teachers get sick” debate.

20 Likes

Quite intentionally, I’m sure.

17 Likes

Oh, but the horror and permanent damage to the child if they miss 3rd grade!

(Full disclosure, I missed 3rd grade. And 6th. And most of my permanent damage was delivered to me by my primary school classmates.)

23 Likes

They don’t actually give a happy fuck about that, or about children at all.

Remember who the architects of humanity’s demise were, once the dust settles.

19 Likes

it’s not like cruise ships were ever very clean to start with. the industry has had plenty of time to figure out how to deal with viral outbreaks since its inception… and, so far as i’ve ever heard, have barely bothered.

11 Likes

see! if you’d been there you would have been accepted into their peer-social group which would have helped you assume your rightful patriotic place helping to make america really super great again.

without constant schooling and learning year after year about columbus, our heroic founding fathers, and the way the confederacy fought for the equality of all americans… where do you think our nation’s children would be?

we must fill kids lives with as much school, homework, and after school sports activities as we can, or the nation will be lost.

8 Likes

They’re right. I agree with them 100 percent. Teachers don’t feel safe. Most parents said in a survey that they’re “very concerned” about sending their kids back to school. So why are we getting bullied into opening? This district isn’t ready to open. I can’t have more people getting sick. Why are they threatening our funding? I keep waiting for someone higher up to take this decision out of my hands and come to their senses. I’m waiting for real leadership, but maybe it’s not going to happen.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/nobody-accurately-tracks-health-care-workers-lost-to-covid-19-so-she-stays-up-at-night-cataloging-the-dead

When police discovered the woman, she’d been dead at home for at least 12 hours, alone except for her 4-year-old daughter. The early reports said only that she was 42, a mammogram technician at a hospital southwest of Atlanta and almost certainly a victim of COVID-19. Had her identity been withheld to protect her family’s privacy? Her employer’s reputation?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/how-a-175-covid-19-test-led-to-2479-in-charges

The more she read, the more annoyed de Cordova became. SignatureCare charges a “facility fee” for treatment, the document said, ranging “between five hundred dollars and one hundred thousand dollars.” Another charge, the “observation fee,” could range from $1,000 to $100,000.

15 Likes
17 Likes

Seeing how little free time kids have today in comparison to my younger years, part of me wonders if they’re afraid the kids will do just as well despite the break (or because of it).

17 Likes

But cruises have restarted?

9 Likes

Nice signs, posters, stickers:

18 Likes

This is an important read, as although WDKS still holds, we are learning. Better grasp of how kids acquire and transmit covid is vital as schools and parents consider how to handle educating our young’uns.

18 Likes
13 Likes

Sheesh! What a Trumpshow this is turning you to be.

11 Likes

oh, man! I can’t wait for that next episode! Sir David Attenborough narrating the rise of Homo floridensis! w00t!

8 Likes
14 Likes

Covid’s gonna make him eat those words. And the Grim Reaper.

13 Likes