Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Nope, he’ll be fine, but some mother of four who has to deliver his pizza to pay her rent will die.

22 Likes

Hmm.

• White                          :white_check_mark:
  • Wealthy                       :white_check_mark:
  • Narcissist                    :white_check_mark:
  • Minor Celebrity            :white_check_mark:
  • Aggressively stupid     :white_check_mark:

Good gentlehumans, I give you the 2032 GOP candidate for President of the United States.

20 Likes

Hopefully he’ll have died of his own willful stupidity long before then.

15 Likes

My hope is that by 2032 the GOP will have splintered into a dozen strident factions, all shouting about their lawns or shaking their fists at passing clouds.

Fascism will eat itself. May I live long enough to see it.

19 Likes

The funny (not ha ha funny) thing is the article credits him for the Russian reversal joke, when in fact he rarely ever used it and definitely didn’t invent it.

Then there’s this FTA:

And yet pants, which are not infrequently constrictive or uncomfortable, have been tolerated by large portions of society.

High quality journalism all around.

7 Likes

Back in the Army we used to say that stupid people seldom get killed, but stupid people excel at getting other people killed (has anyone seen my grenade pin?)

18 Likes

Arlington (Virginia) GOP leader doxes neighbors who complain about mask-less businesses

12 Likes

I was kinda hoping to hear this classic phrase after describing a Karen in close proximity to African Americans, “Sadly now, there can be but one outcome.” The next scenes would show them calling 911.

9 Likes

I don’t even know what to do with this.

12 Likes

Hope he passes the 'rona.to Trump?

7 Likes

Neither of them will die from it, so I really don’t care. Just that there is some mental place where it’s possible to think, “I’m having problems with Coronavirus…better talk to Trump!”

10 Likes

Cheers to that.

18 Likes

Followup: the company behind the Amundsen cruise ship was intentionally bypassing safety procedures:

Oops, no onebox. The article begins:

Hurtigruten caught in Corona cover-up

UPDATED: The humbled boss of Norway’s Hurtigruten cruise and shipping line has admitted to a breakdown in its own routines regarding Corona virus rules for its newly re-launched cruises. That’s led to the suspension of all of Hurtigruten’s so-called “expedition” cruises, after an outbreak of the Corona virus that some Hurtigruten staff tried to cover up.

(Note: humbled, not humble. The police are now involved. The number infected is approximately 4 times the usual daily number of new cases in the entire country.)

16 Likes

Review? “Some people say we’re doing a great job! What more do we need to review? BTW how much have you contributed to my “campaign”?

3 Likes

No it won’t.
It’s like cancer. You need to check for it and do something against it.

17 Likes

Don’t go gentle, yo.

9 Likes
6 Likes

9 Likes

One thing mentioned often in this context is that frequent testing would be important when opening schools.

That piece, and many others, don’t discuss this in detail. I whish they would. Here, they cite a tweet calling for regular random testing of teachers and children, but then just ignore this.

Fast-throughput pooled testing, e.g., could help massively - when community transmission is on a lower level than in many US areas, that is.

I find it rather interesting that individual testing is the assumed standard.

7 Likes

Unlike most cancers, it is contagious. But I think we should end biological analogies there: they have been misused massively by fascists themselves.

We can fight fascism in ways we can never do with cancer, and we can fight cancer in ways we can never do with fascism.

The important bits in both fights are: never give up. Never surrender. Never allow it to overwhelm you. Most importantly, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Even if you feel that way.

Never alone.

Oh, yeah, and: fuck cancer. And destroy fascism.

15 Likes