Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Or merely asymptomatic.

10 Likes

“Shock and Awe” or “Fear and Loathing”?

15 Likes

Wow, not seeing a healthy mask/no mask ratio there. Surprise surprise.

10 Likes

I was just coming here to post the same thing.

Sadly, the presence of a few masks makes it seem all too certain that this is authentic.

9 Likes

True. The Black Death burned itself out after killing one third of the European population between 1346 and 1353.

14 Likes

Right? And the ones wearing them are probably wondering where the next shove or punch will come from. :grimacing:

15 Likes

And that’s a conservative estimate compared to most of the records we have! I mean, I guess the huddled survivors had herd immunity for some time.

Jacinda Ardern’s approach to this was the correct one.

4 Likes

More pictures:

14 Likes

Or not. Anyway, my take is that all this really says is that the number of unreported cases is, well, substantial. In a system that was overwhelmed, but not actively suppressing/fudging numbers.
What the actual numbers might be in a system that does want to cook the books is left as an intellectual exercise for those who think they sleep too soundly.

I’ve heard about this on the radio a couple of times today, but the ANSA article is the only one in English I could find at a pinch. A bit thin for my taste, but whaddaya gonna do.

6 Likes

I’ve got no words. This is horrific.

9 Likes

And recurred every 15-20 years or so until the 17th century. It’s still present and still killing people in the world today.

15 Likes

Yersinia pestis. The gift that keeps on giving.
Oh, and apparently there is at least one strain that is resistant against antibiotics.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Trump: Hold my Diet Coke.

8 Likes

Laugh all you want, but that’s the only thing the network executives care about, and that’s who she’s talking to.

5 Likes

Who the fuck is laughing here?

So many more people are going to get sick and die needlessly because of these jerks…

14 Likes

The one disease to which we have herd immunity is variola (smallpox). It now exists, as far as we know, only in laboratories, which maintain it either to have a stock of virus for vaccine development in the face of a resurgence or as a possible biowarfare agent.

Of course, we achieved herd immunity to smallpox by agressive world-wide deployment of a vaccine. And with a vaccine, it took a couple of centuries to get there.

The developed countries have nearly achieved herd immunity to several other diseases for which vaccines exist, but in recent years that has been slipping grievously. More on that subject over at http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/.

3 Likes

No, there is no herd immunity to smallpox at this time. In fact, it it got loose, it would be a global disaster. Almost no one has immunity now, outside of some in the military. There was some herd immunity to it back int he day, but absolutely not now.

25 Likes

Exactly, which is not the “herd immunity” covidiots are talking about. They are talking about everyone hugging and sneezing on each other until our immune systems are resistant to it, or we weed out the weak.

7 Likes

Sorry, you’re right, of course. We had herd immunity, which is how it got eradicated (except in the labs). Because that worked so well, the general belief is that we don’t need herd immunity against that pathogen at present. I don’t want to get into the risk analysis of adverse vaccine reactions vs. failure of laboratory containment. The former is a quantifiable certainty, while there’s no sound basis to establish the probability of the latter.

5 Likes