Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

5 Likes

That’s pretty interesting. We’re about to start letting tourists in with a negative test, the more paranoid among us have been clamoring for a second test. This study – unfortunately from the tourist industry – suggests it is unnecessary.

BTW, I see that Norway no longer considers Finland Covid-safe:

5 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes
12 Likes

Sturgis repercussions in North and South Dakota?

10 Likes

Narrator: “Yes, yes it will. May God have mercy on our souls.”

12 Likes

Is “Jedward being the voices of rationality” on any of the 2020 Bingo cards?

19 Likes

This is a bizarre timeline. I actually had to look up Jedward. (The Stone Roses and The Corrs, I know.) Well, good for them.

13 Likes

No… no it was not…

black-mirror-in-future

16 Likes

A faster test from GWU?

9 Likes

God, I haven’t even thought of Jedward since…Eurovision 2011, 2012? had no idea they were still performing. Good on them for this, I guess.

5 Likes

I think there are layers of serious misjudment in the guy’s statement. His no-credit decision discourages students from following the rules set out by the local health authority and are probably a violation of university policy on ilnnesses. His disregard for the health of his other students. And then that very telling racist comment. People who call the coronavirus the “china virus” are not only trump supporters but also very likely to take actions against asian people. He’s fairly powerless in the hierarchy of the uni, but he has power over his students. If I was an attorney for the uni, I’d label him a major liability and encourage the administration to fire him. (Taking legal angle here bc I am a lawyer). At this point, with the transmission rates at universities, the admin needs to be seen doing everything it can to mitigate. There are a a lot of greedy sharks and universities have relatively deep pockets.
The adjunct system is pretty disgraceful :confused: but this guy is a problem for the uni and he needs to go.

15 Likes

Got a platform and using it.

(I still don’t know who they are: I’ll have to ask Paul Rudd.)

8 Likes

I’m a trendsetter.

22 Likes
20 Likes

“Reviled” is far too good for an asshole like this.

25 Likes

I think the rule of thumb is to expect growth of 1/2 inch per month.
But don’t worry, the vaccine is a long way off. You have plenty of time :wink:

9 Likes

This guy and the 65 people who attended that indoor reception have turned the tide in Maine. We were getting things under control, there were as yet ZERO positive cases in the town of 4,400 where it was held, until this. This event essentially undid so much of the good accomplished by our voluntary isolation and other efforts.

True, that. He’s acting like he’s the victim in all this. 7 people are dead, they’ve had outbreaks at senior facilities, all tied to this event. An outbreak of 70 prisoners is loosely tied to it, so far.
There was another story about it in our local paper yesterday. It’s horrible morning reading.

21 Likes

I wish the anti-mask folks weren’t dominating the news, because eye protection recommendations haven’t been getting the visibility they should. I’d still feel safer with a helmet, though. It’s the only way to be sure.

13 Likes