Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

It’s the face shield and mask for me when I’m in higher risk situations.

Glasses everyday.

14 Likes

I think covidiots like this should have to dig graves for the victims as punishment for their stupidity, just like in some other countries.

21 Likes

This sucks, I love his music. But he is apparently an asshole, so…

20 Likes

This is what he chooses to get political about? It’s not like he’s been a protest song guy.

16 Likes

It really seems like 6 months of isolation has driven a whole lot of folks to willingly expose their entire ass online.

24 Likes

It’s a difficult time. Stressed- isolation- worry - crappy leaders.

Anyone of us could lose it.

7 Likes

I once made this statement about being snowbound, long before the internet, or Covid, or even being a legal adult;

My mind, if forced to feed upon itself, will NOT starve; how many others can say the same?”

22 Likes

That was the way it seemed to me too. Reviled? How about liable.

18 Likes

I was surprised to read about all those people still going ahead with in-person weddings, but adjusting the guest lists to meet the state’s limit. Most people I know went with virtual weddings or postponed their plans entirely to avoid anyone getting infected. I get that they made plans and paid deposits, and you’d think a pandemic might reset their priorities, but nope.

17 Likes

Headbanging is a state of mind, not haircut. I am bald as a cueball, but will headbang at the drop of a hat for the right tunes!

19 Likes

My ex (who is rather well off and more than a bit pretentious) was supposed to get married in Maldives this past Spring, before the borders had closed.

Though it cost him a grip, he still cancelled the whole shebang, rather than take the risk.

19 Likes

My wife had her whole spring and most of her summer weddings cancel or reschedule for the fall. Consequently, she has been crazy busy for the last couple weeks. I question the wisdom of having in-person wedding right now, but there are certainly venues around here that freely disregard state rules about size of gatherings, masking and distancing. Luckily her whole schtick is to get in, set the cake and get out long before any guests arrive. It is frustrating to watch, though.

19 Likes

Me, too. The whole second half of the story yesterday was about the scramble in the wedding venue industry to re-evaluate and such. I couldn’t believe that many people had decided to go through with “regular” events, despite everything.
And, though we focus on the pastor in this particular story, a friend recently brought up the fact of the couple who decided to hold this event. What a tarnish on their “special day.” I don’t think I would want that hanging over my marriage…

16 Likes
16 Likes

NOT A WORD AGAINST JEDWARD! They are national heroes right now. The heroes we very much need.*

Van Morrison OTOH, is, and always was a prize arsehole. A total bellend. An absolute waste of space as a human being.

Don’t worry he hasn’t done anything to listen to in what 30? 40 years? He was an arsehole then too, or as the best biography of him has a childhood friend saying “no, he always was a wee shite”. See also both Oasis arseholes, the guy who really can’t hold a note in the Stone Roses, and of course all of Kiss and that other guy who I never had to listen too. Wait kid rock and yes Nugent. Never had to hear any of them. That said I used to go see Van every year when I was a kid in the late 80s in the National Boxing Stadium, he still had a good gig in him but I wouldn’t go for the records. Waffley new age religious shite with a side order of pretentious cranky git.

• Not the only heroes. Izzy Kamikaze got assaulted by the fash while observing an anti-mask rally, with a plank wrapped in an Irish flag*. She’s a hero.
    Here’s a mates podcast with her.

*Guideline: if you are carrying or displaying an Irish flag, and you are not on the way to a match or Ireland are not in some tournament like the world cup it is prima facie evidence that you are a @&££&+

16 Likes

I don’t have a problem with them, it is just completely unexpected.

13 Likes

He needs to be harassed by having people repeatedly play “T.B. Sheets” at him. Over the phone, outside his house, opening acts could do their own version…

10 Likes

Or this: Spotify

Edit

I asked a musician friend for any stories about him he replied “just the usual, sleazy shit with young women”. Told him "Mine was a friend waiting on who had him and Rocha (former Miss Ireland that he was in a relationship with for years surprisingly) in the restaurant. Back in the 80s. He was a grumpy cunt, she ordered dinner, he ordered soup and a bottle of whiskey, and he didn’t talk. Had the soup, silent and churlish, pouring the whiskey into it. I’m sure the story had a tip chaser to it but I can’t remember.

Also

No. Been building. Also they are inoffensive at worst, and if you are aren’t offensive, you are anti-fascist. There doesn’t seem to be any badness in them. It’s the least we can expect from public figures in their public behaviour.

7 Likes

God, I haven’t even thought of Jedward since…Eurovision 2011, 2012?

OK, if you haven’t seen the Netflix movie… or if you have… this will cheer you up. :grin: Good lockdown fun… and they nailed Eurovision exactly… without making fun of it.

Now there’s a lockdown binge… how many years of Eurovision can we watch on YouTube… :thinking:

Although if London :canada:'s Rachel McAdams could actually sing like that it would turn my mere crush into total despair…

2 Likes

And, if I were in charge, their own. It was pre-meditated murder in cold blood, with no attempt to even fake remorse.

5 Likes