Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Ha! :Weep:

12 Likes

Data is data. But I’m sorry you feel that way.

What probably sucks even more is being the people who sit there and think about the number of “expected” deaths, and what goes into determining that. Apparently, for example, the spike that appears around Jan 2018 was because it was an especially brutal flu season that year, but the dip the following year indicates that it wasn’t as bad as they were expecting it to be. And it looks like the number of people who died during 2019 was generally higher than they were expecting, but all of it is dwarfed by the pandemic.

5 Likes

ALL the 44 million inhabitants of the state of São Paulo, southeastern Brazil, will be vaccinated against the Covid-19 until February 2021.

The statement was made by Governor João Doria at a press conference this Monday.

He said that São Paulo will receive 5 million doses of a chineses vaccine called Coronavac next month. This vaccine was developed by the brazilian Butantan Institute in partnership with the Chinese Sinovac Biotech.

“By December, we will have 46 million doses of the vaccine in SP,” added the governor in an Instagram post.

Mr. Doria, said that the vaccine for the new coronavirus should be mandatory for every brazilian citizen.

Mr. Doria believes this is the only way to stop the pandemic in the country, but he didn’t disclose any details on how the vaccination will be enforced

12 Likes

That is one hell of a big phase 3 trial, man!

22 Likes

I hope the antivaxx faction of the tinfoil hat brigade does not cause any problems.

10 Likes

It just keeps getting worse and worse…

18 Likes

Foxtrot

21 Likes

Well, there is a dengue fever vaccine. I guess they’ll be checking if that provides any protection?

12 Likes
23 Likes

I am not sure. There is only one vaccine, and It is about 66% effective. The Butantã Institute is stil developing a new one.

According to the Wikipedia, the problem is It can increase the risk of developing a severe form of Dengue in people who have never had the disease.

I had It once. It is not something I’d recommend to anyone.

They will have to study other countries with high numbers of people infected with Dengue. Because correlation does not imply causation.

16 Likes

What’s the statute of limitations on Hatch Act violations?

11 Likes

Ha! He’ll go on the anti-vaxx/masker talk-circuit and make good money peddling conspiracy “insider information”.

17 Likes
25 Likes

Wow.

He spent his last months calling for the deaths of protestors, and encouraging people to ignore the CDC and the WHO. I dunno about testimonials, but if his religious beliefs were true he will certainly have some explaining to do.

https://twitter.com/TenpennyTony/with_replies?lang=en

21 Likes
15 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

After wisely saying they would skip football this year, apparently all the talk is about how they can start football again.

10 Likes
12 Likes

35 Likes