Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

I don’t know what proportion, but sure, some are. From watching Craigslist and Facebook around here I think it’s mostly people selling their stuff from their own garage.

There are sites like bikeindex.com, for the U.S. at least, where people register their bike frame serial numbers, sometimes before they’re stolen and sometimes after. This lets a potential buyer look up a frame they’re thinking about buying.

The more it seems like just some person selling a bike they owned, that they can tell stories about, from a place where they live, the more comfortable I’d be. I’d feel iffy about meeting someone in a parking lot or buying from someone offering a too-low price.

I also think rejecting the idea of buying used is too broad of a restriction. There are a lot of great bikes out there that deserve to live on, and a lot of people who love keeping them going. A steel frame can last for decades. There’s a whole hobbyist subgroup (it’s not much of a business, margins too low, at least heretofore) of people buying old frames and components and building them up into great-riding and sometimes period-specific bikes. You see a lot of these on eBay.

9 Likes

Since you responded to my reply and not the original post, in case there’s a misunderstanding I absolutely agree with you.

My intended contribution was that this pictured woman in the cut mask so “cleverly” laughing at libs is grinning herself to death (the referenced Housemartins’ song link).

The song is maybe too obscure for the joke, but I was hoping its title would negate the need for a “/s”. My mistake.

Apologies.

4 Likes

I noticed that too, but didn’t want to bring up her pseudo-locks when that’s so obviously not the most ignorant/offensive thing about her.

What a waste of good PPE.

13 Likes

Which tells you how bad things are right now…

7 Likes

“Not wearing masks in Hong Kong is like not wearing pants”

18 Likes

no, no. i got you. her tweet, whatever, worked perfectly in that it made me angry.

i guess i wonder, what happened to her and other people to make them like this? it’s not like they’re counter culture sticking it to the man, they are literally supporting the worst of the culture intentionally

maybe it’s a sort nihilism. like they’re so powerless that doubling down on the death is all they’ve got left. or too much lead in the water. who knows.

9 Likes

Look at her, though… she’s got white-dreads and snake-bite piercings… she thinks she’s part of the countercultural, because she believes all it is is just doing the opposite of what the “mainstream” say.

12 Likes
7 Likes

“Following the coronavirus pandemic”.

12 Likes

Lizard people against Covid deniers:

covidexe

We’re from the NGO (New Galactic Order) and are here to protest against that nonsense [referring to the anti-restrictions demonstrations]

10 Likes

Because if we don’t report the deaths, that means that they’re not happening.

22 Likes

France’s highest court lifts the French government blanket ban on church gatherings.

2 Likes

Finnish schools opened last thursday.

10 Likes
16 Likes

One detection in the last eleven days, total detections at 226.

Total deaths at thirteen, but that may increase by two; there were a couple of terminally ill people who were also infected with Covid, and they’re still deciding on how to classify the cause of death.

17 Likes
9 Likes

A Wes Anderson styled quarantine film: “The Anderson Guide to Surviving a Global Pandemic”…

3 Likes

Can’t get it to play

2 Likes
10 Likes

Below is one helluva statistical claim.

I which I could sort this better, but I am going to have to read up on this more after I get back from work today.

16 Likes