Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

“It was at this moment that she knew, she fucked up”

27 Likes

This is why we can’t have ice things.

10 Likes
17 Likes

It’s because of testing, a lot testing. The best testing really, no other country’s can compare. People are saying there’s never been anything like our testing. I’m not claiming that, but we’re looking into it.

12 Likes
8 Likes

Symone Sanders is very very smart. Her skills range from fending off berzerker vegans to crafting a primary win for a fairly mediocre candidate.

We can all probably guess why a FOX “journalist” might have underestimated her, but I think that won’t last as the election moves forward.

7 Likes

Citation requested

6 Likes

You don’t remember?

8 Likes

Surprise! Things are not looking so good in Sweden:

(Antibody tests given the last week of April show only 7.3% antibodies in the Stockholm region, which was the heaviest hit in Sweden. Tegnell had predicted 25-30% by now, mathematician Tom Britton had had models with the immunity rate as high as 50% by now. Tegnell points out that that is historical data, the rate now should be almost what he had predicted. Britton OTOH says his models might have been completely wrong, though also that people who were infected might either not get antibodies, or get them at a detectable level.)

8 Likes

Thanks, but what group is that? I don’t see identification of them in the linked piece. Is the assumption that only “vegans” want dairy to die? Animal rights activists also have a problem with dairy farming practices.

7 Likes

I suppose she could have been a marketing rep for Oatley. The same set of protesters had been at Sanders and Warren events, but apparently the berzerker was not among them. Pretty much all the news stories at the time said she was a vegan; I don’t know if they did any fact-checking on that, but I assume – since the reporters had been tracking the group – that it was based on something. I am happy to attest, based on several good friends, that not all vegans are berzerkers.

For the record, I’m not a big fan of big dairies either, and am extremely unhappy that Hawaii, which used to have several small family dairies, now has to get all its milk shipped in from conglomerates on the mainland.

However, this is all a derail from the fact that Symone Sanders is awesome, which in turn is a derail from the subject of this thread.

(ETA: OK, I did some more digging, and the group that organized the protests is Direct Action Everywhere, which is, as @milliefink suggests, principally an animal rights group. I therefore don’t know for sure that the person Sanders tackled was a vegan, though it is not unlikely that an radical animal rights activist would be at least a vegetarian but DAE supports the “Liberation Pledge”, the first plank of which is “One: Publicly refuse to eat animals—live vegan”. I could change my post upthread to “berserker animal rights activist”, but i won’t because (a) it doesn’t scan, and (b) it would screw up the rest of this subthread.)

8 Likes

Thanks for more or less acknowledging that it’s all too easy to rely on lazy stereotypes, attach “berserker” to “vegan,” and thereby smear veganism by perpetuating said lazy stereotypes.

Okay, back to our regular obsession with coronavirus happenings!

14 Likes

Sadly they’ve got a bit of a point about this considering the administration’s promise of a vaccine which will be fast, but not necessarily safe or effective.

8 Likes

Wow.

7 Likes

I expect 70% of their income of from wealthy foreigners fleeing the pesky restrictions of democracy.

4 Likes
9 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes

The good news is people could possibly buy an abandoned Bentley for 150k USD if they have the right connections. The bad news is that the punishment for going that deep into debt under sharia law is really grim.

2 Likes

Well, he’s not wrong. At the top of cases per capita, deaths per capita, idiot crook presidents per capita…

4 Likes