Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Sounds like a prime guillotine candidate.

I work from home, and it saves me $250 monthly in commute costs alone.

Not to mention it’s better for the environment as well personal protection from the virus.

23 Likes

The first doses of the vaccine against covid-19, developed by the Belgian Janssen-Cilag, which is part of the Johnson & Johnson group, began to be tested in Brasília, said Mr. Eduardo Freire Vasconcellos, the doctor responsible for the tests.

800 volunteers will take part in the study, conducted by the L2IP Institute and which was resumed on November 3, after authorization by the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa).

8 Likes

Well, it took all of Twitter shouting at them that they were acting like reckless fuckwits, but…

15 Likes

I just really hope that The Bidens are locked away in a bunker with multiple airlocks between them and outsiders.

8 Likes

looks like the anarchist war zone of portland is doing a partial shutdown again. im surprised there’s anything left standing there to shutdown and that the radical mobs are willing to listen to sound medical advice from government /s

13 Likes

Barn door, meet horse.

17 Likes

Ii’s possible the horse slipped at the door on all that chicken-shit.

11 Likes

He couldn’t even manage the traditional buried-news time of 4:59pm.

8 Likes

8 Likes

None of the “heroes” shit.

My friend, the doctor, told me that she’s resigned about that caretakers and nurses get extra packages, as do IC doctors, but everyone else who is a doctor just gets a shitton of more work with high responsibilities and not even a thank you. She’s doing the contract tracing after her 14h shift because the nurses refuse to. Anybody could do it, but highly qualified doctors -in this case: a research clinician oncologist - are the ones ending up informing their colleagues and members of the public to isolate. Because their overtime is unpaid.

In general, the team spirit which developed in spring is gone.

13 Likes

I guess I called that one. I should be picking lottery numbers at this point.

16 Likes

If it were possible for me to reach through the internet into Missouri so that I could beat the shit out of some of these parents, I would do it in a heartbeat.

16 Likes

As someone who lived in MO for a long time, none of the attitudes reported in that article are a surprise. Enraging stupidity, but completely par for the course.

8 Likes
15 Likes

They aren’t concerned because they don’t understand the dangers.

I suppose it is possible that they do understand the dangers and don’t give a fuck about killing family members. Certainly an attitude I’ve come to expect from them.

15 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03218-z

8 Likes

They understand the danger but don’t think it will happen to them. And if their relatives do get sick and die because of their foolishness, well it was clearly the comorbidities or it was just their time.

16 Likes

I’ll bet there’s still a high percentage who think it is just like the flu. They either haven’t been paying attention to reports about young people with serious post-virus health problems, or they don’t believe them.

12 Likes

Certainly, that myth is still pretty widespread.

At work we had an employee come to work with COVID symptoms for three days straight. We are required to affirm that we don’t have COVID symptoms before entering the building. However, he had an excuse for every symptom that he did have, and besides he didn’t have all the symptoms (just some), and he didnt feel bad and so what was the fuss? We now have a dozen employees out on quarantine, the employee with symptoms is just out of the hospital, and the lab space will be shut for another week probably.

21 Likes
  1. The pregnant women was 28. No medical history. No comorbidity. Just a mother to be.

Anybody who tries to tell me, in my face, that this is a “normal” illness, or whatever excuse they come up with, everybody is in for a screaming hell.

Also, my niece is four, and immunocompromised due to a liver transplant.

I am going to snap at some point and physically assault people, I fear.

18 Likes