Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

5 Likes

Vaccines laced with the so called ‘Chip of the devil’ and fear of being a guinea pig alienate indigenous people from the vaccine against covid-19.

Fake news spread by the WhatsApp and religious groups provokes resistance against vaccination among native people. The lie that the covid-19 vaccine can alter DNA is one of the main arguments.

6 Likes
6 Likes

But, at the same time she was expressing that regret, Birx was also in the process of joining ActivePure—an air-cleaning company that makes products that could lead to people inhaling hazardous disinfectants or byproducts, all in the name of getting rid of the pandemic coronavirus.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Brazilian Butantan Institute develops a local vaccine against Covid-19 and wants to start tests in human patients in April. If Anvisa, the Health Regulatory Agency, gives the green light, Butantan Institute estimates that can start the manufacturing in May. They promise 40 million doses already in July. Accordint to the autorities, this new vaccine use the same technology of the Flu vaccines.

15 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

Brought to you by the makers of Just The Tip!ℱ brand prophylactics.

8 Likes

@vermes82 Lapland ski worker suspected of forging coronavirus test result

Yeah, well, our :canada: hotel quarantine costs you $500 to $800 a day (the hotels are gouging people), 3-day obligatory pre-paid, you can go when your test result gets back and the checkout procedure involves you self-certifying that you have a negative COVID result.

OK, class, say “misaligned incentives”. :persevere:

As much as the Kiwis :new_zealand: are griping about the costs of the Managed Isolation Quarantine scheme it has put lots of cash into the pockets of businesses that would otherwise be underwater (hotels, catering).

Tomorrow, class, it’s quick review of Modern Monetary Theory.

7 Likes

Hot Spot Plane Spotting [Updated]

The UAE COVID response is interesting, they have administered 80 doses of vaccine/100 as of the moment at a decent rate; they do have a high case rate, but are testing at a rate that’s nearly four times that here in Ontario. Mask compliance is good, from what family saw two weeks ago, and overall compliance with health guidelines is good.

The choice of livery for that plane is indeed a mystery.

There is a suspicion that many of the cases coming in via Dubai to Ontario originated in India, where the situation is out of control. That’s anecdotal.

3 Likes

Good luck with that.

15 Likes

That is just
 OMFG
 Can’t even begin to understand how horrible that must be.

13 Likes
7 Likes

Nothing you guys wouldn’t know, but I thought it might come handy for some to pass along.

9 Likes

But, but we’ve totally cured [other virus] using medicine!

Are there any?

And I am a little fascinated by all the people who will shoot bleach and UV radiation up their own asses, but a vaccine

8 Likes

Hep C
Hepatitis C Treatment Options (webmd.com)

Wracking my brain for others, but coming up empty. Tamiflu for influenza is marginal, AIDS therapies control but do not eliminate the virus, ribavirin was touted for RSV but failed spectacularly.

Vaccines. Always back to “don’t cure, prevent.”

17 Likes

I had already forgotten that I took this picture at Tractor Supply yesterday. Once more, thanks for reminding me of something I should already have known.

In all fairness, how many of them were already doing that before the plague?

15 Likes

So mysterious

14 Likes

After Mr. Doria, a political rival and governor of SĂŁo Paulo, announced the Butanvac vaccine, the Minister of Science says that Anvisa, the health regulatory agency, has already received a request for tests on another vaccine, which is supported by the federal government.

The announcement was made hours after the São Paulo government declared that it will request authorization for Butanvac’s tests.

“In my view, it has nothing to do with each other,” said former astronaut Mr. Marco Pontes, minister of science and technology.

The vaccine is called Versamune and is being developed by the american company PDS Biotechnology Corporation with the help of a brazilian startup and local cientists.

7 Likes