Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Here ya go!

(Took two replacement modems before the tech found something that worked. Nothing like losing a day and a half of work for no good reason.)

7 Likes

The NYC mayor’s office has pressured the UN General Assembly into requiring everyone who goes into the UN’s building in NYC to be vaccinated, the Russians are throwing a hissy fit about it and DeBlasio thinks this is pretty lulzy :rofl:

12 Likes
34 Likes

TIL that some countries and travel companies consider anyone who received a combination of different vaccines to be unvaccinated. Only those who had the manufacturer recommended dosage (including timeframe and waiting periods) fall into their “fully vaccinated” category. I’m not sure if it’s because they are waiting for more data on that scenario. However, it means more people will face restrictions in the future unless the criteria changes:

15 Likes

Thanks. I shall keep this in mind.

8 Likes

Nah, sis:

White House says they offered a phone call, not a visit.

This bish done lost her damn mind… and/or she’s likely trying to deflect attention from her upcoming appearance in court…

17 Likes
14 Likes

Makes sense: during pregnancy your immune system is damped down, because otherwise it would expel the foreign DNA growing inside.

13 Likes
23 Likes

A hospital system in Arkansas is making it a bit more difficult for staff to receive a religious exemption from its COVID-19 vaccine mandate. The hospital is now requiring staff to also swear off extremely common medicines, such as Tylenol, Tums, and even Preparation H, to get the exemption.

The move was prompted when Conway Regional Health System noted an unusual uptick in vaccine exemption requests that cited the use of fetal cell lines in the development and testing of the vaccines.

“This was significantly disproportionate to what we’ve seen with the influenza vaccine,” Matt Troup, president and CEO of Conway Regional Health System, told Becker’s Hospital Review in an interview Wednesday.

“Thus,” Troup went on, “we provided a religious attestation form for those individuals requesting a religious exemption,” he said. The form includes a list of 30 commonly used medicines that “fall into the same category as the COVID-19 vaccine in their use of fetal cell lines,” Conway Regional said.

The list includes Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, ibuprofen, Maalox, Ex-Lax, HIV-1, Benadryl, Sudafed, albuterol, Preparation H, MMR vaccine, Claritin, Zoloft, Prilosec OTC, and azithromycin.

23 Likes

I get the point, and obviously the fetal cell angle isn’t really the true reason behind most of the requests, but what’s the background behind the claim that aspirin was developed using fetal stem cells? Bayer has been selling acetylsalicylic acid under that name since 1899.

7 Likes

Tums (calcium carbonate) is also older than the use of fetal cell lines.

Perhaps related to this article?

7 Likes

What difference does it even make? The religious exemption is already a lie, they’d swear off whole milk if it meant sticking it to the vaxman.

8 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210916-france-suspends-3-000-unvaccinated-health-workers

20 Likes

A smile for those of us frustrated with anti-vaxxer rhetoric (I hope):

Even the Devil’s tired of it…

18 Likes

I dunno, I think that article isn’t making a very strong argument on consistency when it comes to drugs like aspirin that received regulatory approval prior to ever being tested on the stem cell lines. The examples of stem cell testing it gives for aspirin are academic studies that were done well after the drug was approved and made widely available to the public, so if someone who wasn’t involved in any way with the drug’s development comes along decades later and does experiments that someone finds unethical (take an extreme case, like intentionally poisoning kittens with it) that doesn’t make the drug itself less ethical than before, even if you’re strongly against poisoning kittens.

2 Likes

“Well, bah b-ch’…”

Perfection.

9 Likes

“I just find it interesting how the virus is only affecting those of us who chose to not get vaccinated!” :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

I just thought it could have been where they sourced (some of) their list. I don’t know if they agreed with the logic or not.

3 Likes