Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

The numbers of hcw who quit over vaccination mandates is small, from 0.5% to 3%, depending on the survey. Don’t misunderstand, that’s a number that certainly has an impact when things are stretched as tight as they are. This, however, should bring folks up short a bit.

A huge proportion of docs and nurses I know are actively seeking ways to get out of the field. Most won’t, because it is incredibly hard to walk away from the years of work, training and experience to start over, but some, especially those close enough to retirement to swing it, will. The effect on the system will be devastating.

24 Likes
3 Likes

Well, after you are dead you are totally immune to everything, so I guess there is that.

11 Likes

Over what timeframe?

1 Like

Per person per incident. So, for vaccines, that’s per full course of vaccination. For dental surgery it is also per procedure (that’s why some people are prescribed antibiotics for dental procedures). For the population overall, that’s over a lifetime, I believe.

8 Likes

/headdesk

4 Likes

Worms?

9 Likes

Sadly, ivermectin still won’t help.

12 Likes

Not even the right kind of worms…

Lisa Kudrow Omg GIF by Friends

10 Likes

Bingo

8 Likes

Never mind that whole “death” thing.

19 Likes

which are those viruses that “go” exactly?

16 Likes

You know, the ones that are eradicated through vaccination, testing, public health precautions…

21 Likes

Or die with the patient.

Loss of freedom is temporary. These people are treating it as if mask mandate will be permanent. Hilarious.

4 Likes

Friday’s Hufvudstadsbladet reports on Thursday night’s parliamentary debate which saw sparks fly as MPs argued over the government’s plans to introduce so-called Covid passports.

The documents would allow people who have been vaccinated against, or recovered from, the virus to enter places like restaurants or bars without restrictions.

According to Swedish-language HBL, the Finns Party accused the government of forcing people to take the Covid vaccine, with new leader Riikka Purra saying that the alternative of taking regular tests for the virus was prohibitively expensive.

In response, HBL writes, Prime Minister Sanna Marin (SDP) said that Covid passports are only meant to be used if the pandemic worsens once again.

“The virus is unpredictable, and the authorities may be forced to impose restrictions under the law on infectious diseases,” she told MPs.

Culture and science minister Antti Kurvinen (Cen) expressed concern that many people in Finland were trusting “tinfoil hat theorists” on the internet, rather than the science behind vaccines.

According to HBL, this prompted MP Leena Meri (Finns) to ask Kurvinen if he was “calling people with medical conditions who are afraid to take the vaccine ‘tinfoil hats’”.

Kurvinen responded that he was not, HBL reports.

10 Likes
21 Likes

His kids are probably not having a great time either. I live in Quebec, would have likely smacked him myself if I’d been around (it’s a big place though). There’s a fair bit of patriarchy that needs dismantling here.

2 Likes

I.E. No freedom. Do as you are told.

This vaccine hesitancy has gotten completely out of control. It’s tough when you can’t appeal to peoples common sense…because it isn’t there.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Delta has banned more than 1,600 unruly passengers. Now, it wants airlines to share ban lists.

17 Likes